Wednesday, August 9, 2017

My Week In Words and Images

 This week, my thoughts and images.



We are a biking family. When the weather is good on a Saturday, we hit the bike trails in our town, with whatever kids are around. Our town is really cool, and actually has over 90 trail miles. Many of these go under busy roads using biking tunnels, so that you can literally go through the town without crossing a street. And they weave through beautiful green spaces and you really do forget you are in a town.









These sisters. When they were babies and we would put them down for the night, almost every night one would crawl into the others bed. We gave up when they were three and four years old and they slept in the same bed for years. Today they are best friends, tell me they complete each others' sentences, and share lots of things together. There are moments of strife to be sure, but I am thankful for these two sisters.








My morning swim. This year, I have devoted four days a week to swimming laps with My Sweetie at our community pool. We swim for about 45 minutes and I am happy to say, I have improved my technique and my lap time. This is great exercise, and I am thankful that I have the means to do this.








Indian food for dinner. I love cooking ethnic food, and have fun experimenting in the kitchen. Below you see Indian Butter Chicken, Southern Indian Vegetable Stir Fry, and chapati. Cooking each night for our family saves us so much money and I love serving those I love in this way.








These sweet girls at our church's fellowship meal. First, I love fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters in Christ. This is a beautiful time to encourage one another, and be faithful in the means of grace. Second, I love the friendship that these girls have. Nutsy and her friend met when they were only two years old and have been besties ever since. I am so thankful for the deep relationships within our church body and the growth our family has experienced because of it.







Sunday afternoons. These times are special to me. Some days we have people over from church but other days it is just our family. We might play a game, eat yummy food, talk, and maybe watch a movie. Which is what we did this last Sunday. We ate munchies, played Dutch Blitz for a while, and then introduced our kids to another Hitchcock movie, North By Northwest.


No comments:

Post a Comment