Monday Musings - They're Back

Life has settled down from the summer and I did really miss writing these, so they are back for the time being.


What I'm thinking: That the home schooling has changed a bit this year. Mr. Lego is gone now each morning from about 8:30 until 10:30, for his Spanish college class. Then he leaves almost each weekday from 11:30 to 2:30 to work at his job, where he is a meal server. Needless to say he is studying all afternoon and in between his going in-and-out....this has made our Together School to only consist of Bible, and be in the late afternoons. But this is a good thing; I have found it is making me focus more on Dasher and Nutsy, and is exactly what they need this year.

What I'm reading: Today I started reading a new book to the girls, The Hidden Treasure of Glaston but Eleanor M Jewett. We are studying the Middle Ages in history and this book of historical fiction comes highly recommended by a friend.

What we're learning: School is in full swing, now that co-op has started. This week we are learning about the Celtics in history, reading an overview of biology (older two) and anatomy (younger two), and the older two have their first writing assignments of the new school year.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watch Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds....every time we watch that movie I find myself looking at the birds that sit on the wires, fences....and keeping an eye on them.....

What's cooking: This week I am making beef tacos, Tostadas, and Won Tons. Later today I hope to get into the kitchen and make my weekly whole wheat bread too....

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the family trip we were able to take a couple of weeks ago. What a blessing for our family to go to such fun places!

What I'm creating: I have some ideas of a crafty way to memorialize some of the things we got at Disneyland.....I am usually not a creative person so we will see how this turns out.

What I'm praying: I am praying that the King fire would be put out soon; my dear friend came close to being evacuated but then the fire changed direction. And we have not had any smoke problems yet even though I can see it each day; it is making for some spectacular sunrises and sunsets.

What I'm planning: I am teaching biology to eight high school students in our co-op (Yes, it has grown this year.) I have planned out the first couple of lessons and need to get cracking with the rest.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we volunteered at the grange breakfast to help our 4H club, then went to a friend's house to a gender reveal party. (It's a girl!) Then to church yesterday, friends came over for the afternoon, then back for our monthly meeting. Our pastor is going through I John each month and I am enjoying the discussions.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to organizing our school room this week. I plan to move a shelf around and am going to go through the whole room. We'll see if I can get it all done this week!

A picture to share:



~What is on my dining room table right now.

Comments

Popular Posts