Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we seriously cannot keep a pair of scissors in this house. Actually, I am sure we have about ten pairs somewhere in the house, but we just can't find them. *sigh* 

What I'm reading: I am reading a historical fiction book that I am borrowing from a friend...Emperor The Gods of War by Conn Iggulden. It is the story of Julius Caesar and his life.

What we're learning: This week I am trying to find some fun experiments to complement our science...the kids are all reading about sound waves next week. The older ones are starting to learn how to write essays in our co-op writing class, and this week the younger ones had their first creative writing assignment.

What I'm watching: The temperature going up. We are in the mid 70's this whole week and even hit 80 over the weekend. I seriously love this weather.

What's cooking: This week I am making Enchiladas, Tex Mex Pasta, and Chicken Paprikash in the slow cooker. And my experiment for the week? This weekend I am making Thai Spring Rolls.

What I'm Buying: Last week during Big Shopping we saw some fun educational place mats at Wal Mart. I got the one on multiplication facts, and already Dasher has the 2's, 3's, 4's, and 5's memorized. Gotta love those things...

What I'm creating: More baby plants. My tomatoes are doing great, but the lettuce and onions had an accident so I need to get out and replant them in the next couple of days. And I have more tomato seeds that I need to start also...

What I'm praying: My prayers today are for a few people in our church family who are struggling with illness or recovering from surgery. May the True Physician continue to heal them and give them strength.


What we did this last weekend: We did some cleaning on Saturday and then I made my friend's Chicken Shawarma recipe which was delicious. Then Sunday to church and then afterwards we had friends over for lunch. To a park in the afternoon since it was such a beautiful day, and then back to church for our monthly evening service.

What I'm looking forward to: A more quiet week than last....we don't have any 4-H meetings this week! Although we do have a goat meeting this Saturday where we are working on showmanship.

A photo to share:





~My sweet babies. 7 years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts