Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we are really enjoying the goats this year. They are all really good weights so in some ways, a bit of the pressure is off. All three older kids have goats this year, and today Dasher was very happy to get her goat haltered.

What I'm reading: I picked up a new book from the library, Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. She spent a year in a women's prison, 10 years after delivering a suitcase of drug money for a friend. Her look at life behind bars was fascinating....this is not a read-aloud and should be previewed before giving to older kids.

What we're learning: This week the older ones are continuing to learn about Ancient Greece...Mr. Lego is writing a paper on Greek warfare, and Bookworm is writing hers on a comparison of Sparta and Athens. We are really enjoying Bible Doctrine for Teens and Young Adults by James Beeke; I don't know if I have found a more complete series on the Reformed Faith.

What I'm watching: My poor confused plants outside. My herbs are just weathering the winter, but the strawberries actually have small green ones on the vine. With no rain here, they are thinking it is Spring....

What's cooking: This week I am making Crock Pot Black Bean Soup, Mozzarella-Pesto Paninis, and Baked Potato Soup. I am also thinking to roast one of the turkeys I still have in the freezer from Thanksgiving....I was going to make some batches of turkey broth and save lots of the meat for casseroles and soups.

What I'm buying: This is my major shopping week and we seem to be out of lots of things....shampoo, olive oil, and pencils are things on the list.

What I'm thankful for: I am so eternally thankful for the amazing compassion that Christ has for us. He gave his life, in our place, for us. Each Sunday I am so very thankful to be reminded of His amazing grace.

What I'm praying: I am praying for those who work, that God would sustain their jobs, give them wisdom, and gracious spirits as they labor.

What I'm planning: I have a goat meeting tomorrow night....I am planning to go over goat anatomy and focus on meat parts for the market goat people. I am also planning to write some goat blog updates very soon...

What we did this last weekend: We had an issue with the first goat shelter we put up, so last Saturday we were out at the Farm, changing and re-vamping the whole thing. Then Sunday we were at church and then I taught the 5-6 year old Sunday school class. Then over to my friends with some new friends at our church for fellowship and games.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to co-op, and a pretty quiet weekend ahead.

A picture to share:



The new goat igloo...er, shelter.

Comments

Popular Posts