Monday Musings (On a Tuesday)

What I'm thinking: That we are on vacation. And that folks, is why I am writing this on a Tuesday. But we aren't sitting around doing nothing....yesterday we helped out at a food bank and did some book-shelf organizing. And today I have made two dozen apple spice muffins, all the laundry, and mixed up a batch of soft wheat rolls for dinner tonight.

What I'm reading: I am re-reading one of my favorite books right now: All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot. It is probably in my top ten favorite books of all time.

What we're learning: We are taking a break from normal school this week. And it is lovely.

What's cooking: Aside from the normal turkey dinner with the traditional fixings, we are having Chicken Fettucine Alfredo, Minestrone Vegetable Soup, and Lentil Sausage Soup this week.

What I'm buying: Nothing more this week. And I am SO not a Black Friday shopper....you have to drag me into stores as it is, and doing it on a day when thousands of others are fighting their way through the aisles is not even something you could pay me to do.

What I'm thankful for: That the Avian team was kept safe during their travels. We picked up Mr. Lego at church on Sunday and he had some fun stories to tell about his adventures in Kentucky. They had to opportunity to visit the Creation Museum, the Sluggar Museum, and the Kentucky Derby Museum.  In Avian Bowl, his team got FIRST PLACE in the written exam, but then drew a bad spot in the bowl section and went up against the hardest team first. They did such a good job, but lost because of buzzer speed. But what an incredible opportunity, representing our state at a national event!

What I'm creating: Tomorrow I am making the cranberry sauce, cornbread, and sausage for the stuffing. Thanksgiving is pretty much streamlined here and very relaxing for me to make.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we did yard work in the morning. My Sweetie cut back all the roses and pulled out the summer garden while the girls and I planted 50 tulip bulbs around the yard. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, then home for a relaxing afternoon at home.

What I'm looking forward to: My mother-in-law is coming for Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to seeing her. I love being able to visit and cook with her. And I am looking forward to just hanging out, with my precious family.

A picture to share:


~Food Bank volunteers....

Comments

  1. Amen, sister! I share your sentiments about Black Friday. We'll be buying our Christmas tree, decorating, and celebrating my daughter's birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Lisa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You also, Charlotte! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts