Monday Musings (On a Tuesday)

What I'm thinking: That I am ready for school to start, and that I'm not ready for school to start. I'm ready to be back on a schedule again, and ready with all the books. But I'm not ready yet for co-op (starting tomorrow!) and I still have a little scheduling to do to finish planning out the month.

What I'm reading: I am re-reading a book that my dad let me borrow called The Fields Are Adventure by CA Stephens. It was written in 1912 and is a fun book about farm adventures post civil war. I'm thinking about reading it aloud to the kids....

What we're learning: We started school this week! We did about half our subjects today....the other half will be added tomorrow during co-op. Let the formal learning begin again!

What I'm watching: We have been watching lots of tennis lately...the US Open is in full swing and both my Sweetie and I have been enjoying it. My favorite has actually been the rain delays because they show highlights from previous years. Seeing Agassi, Jimmy Connors, and Jennifer Capriati have been fun. And have also made me feel old, since I remember watching some of them live.

What's cooking: Tonight I am making Green Pepper Chicken in the crock-pot, and tomorrow, since we'll be at co-op most of the day, I'll be making Chalupa in the crock-pot. Also on the menu this week? Chicken Broccoli Casserole and Bean Nachos.

What I'm creating: Well, the normal year all starts this week, and we have our first 4H meeting tonight. This is only a planning meeting for the officers, but Mr. Lego is now president and will be leading both tonight's meeting and next week's club meeting. Plus, our State Avian Bowl Team (which Mr. Lego is a part of) will be fundraising by selling hot dogs next week so we need to get hopping with purchasing those supplies. I'm creating lists of things to bring and stuff to get. The speed of life seems to be picking up...

What I'm praying: I am praying for a relative of a friend of mine, who just found out that they have cancer. They'll be doing more testing this week to determine the treatment.

What I'm planning: Well later today I need to plan out our co-op's writing class, and I have my 4H communication project to plan out too.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we did things around the house, and my Sweetie took the kids swimming. Sunday we were at church and then had our fellowship meal. Monday was Labor Day so we headed up to my friend's house for her annual Labor Day party...the weather was weird and rained on and off most of the day, which made the volleyball playing interesting!

What I'm looking forward to: I am really looking forward to co-op tomorrow. It is going to be just two families in size, with 8 kids ranging from eight years to sixteen. But it is with one of my dearest friends which makes meeting weekly for school oh so lovely.

A picture to share:



~ A treat for the first day of school....

Comments

  1. Happy school year to you! :-) We started last week, and co-op doesn't start for a couple more weeks still. Phew! I am teaching poetry and need to get that in gear! Your chalupa in a crockpot sounds great. Is the recipe on your blog? I need to find some more simple/crockpot meals for busier days ahead. Blessings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, that is a good idea to have a few weeks between your school starting and then co-op...we also have 4H starting this week and it has become a crazy week!

    The chalupa recipe comes from a dear friend. It is SO easy...

    http://www.undertheskyblog.com/2013/01/chalupa-inexpensive-and-delicious.html

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts