Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am getting older. After a weekend of tubing, wakeboarding, giant slip-sliding, and river swimming, I am one sore lady.

What I'm reading: I just finished a book titled Damn Few by Rorke Denver. He is a Navy Seal instructor and was also an actor and advisor in the movie Act of Valor. A great read.

What I'm listening to: Right now David Garrett is playing beautiful violin music on Spotify.

What we're learning: One more week and school begins! I am pretty much ready...except for planning out our writing class in co-op (Student Intensive from IEW). Last week of summer break!

What's cooking: This week I am making Mediterranean Wraps, grilled chicken, and Japanese buckwheat noodles.

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for an automatic washer and dryer. Can you imagine what it must have been like 100 years ago?

What I'm creating:  Each year in 4H the kids prepare a 5-8 minute speech with visual boards and discussion answers. I have always wanted to teach them how to use Power Point and teaching them in 4H would be a good place to do it. So this next year I am going to lead a presentation project for our club. I need to figure out a lesson plan and decide what to focus on because our 4H year starts in September. And of course I need to learn about Power Point.

What I'm planning: I am planning to edit the photos I took at the Delta this last weekend. We had lots of fun and I love documenting our adventures with my camera.

What we did this last weekend: Like I said, we were at the Delta. We went with two other families and had a blast playing in the water. Kind of our last fling before we get back into school.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to my mother in law coming for a visit this week. I am also looking forward to starting school. We seem to always accomplish so much more when we are on a schedule.

A picture to share:




~The beautiful oasis where we spent our weekend.

Comments

  1. What is the Delta? Where is that? Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Northern California Delta...east of the Bay. And it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts