Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I absolutely love the weather we are having. We have temps over 90 degrees all week, without a cloud in the sky. My garden is loving the heat, except the eggplants who seem indifferent to anything I do to them, and are the same size they were when I planted them over a month ago.

What I'm reading: I am reading an interesting book by Saima Wahab titled In My Father's Country. She was born in Afghanistan and came to the states for schooling. She then returned as an interpreter and was intrigued by the contrast in cultures.

What I'm listening to: The laundry going. I always think that we should have less dirty clothes in the summer, but it never works that way.

What we're learning: We are back to school. Since we take off about three weeks in May for fair stuff, we do formal schooling through June. This week we are doing some fun science experiments from Moving Beyond the Page, the older two are going through a geography book, and Nusty and Dasher are back to their workbooks. Nutsy told me this morning that she has forgotten how to read...

What's cooking: This week I am making Baked Potato Soup (yes, even though it is going to be so hot this week), Cheesy Sausage Pasta, and my friend's Chalupa.

What I'm buying: After about 10 years my swimsuit has called it quits so I need to go out and find another one. Quite the challenge since I can be pretty picky about what I wear at the pool. And clothes shopping is also close to the top of my list of Things I Can't Stand Doing....

What I'm creating: I am starting to think of our curriculum choices for next year. I love to at least have a rough draft of my plan before we are done with school, so that I can enjoy some of our summer break and not even think about books.

What I'm praying: That God would continue to give me wisdom as I raise my children. They are all so different, with their strengths and weaknesses. May He give me discernment and prudence as I bring them up.

What we did this last weekend: We did some house cleaning on Saturday and then hit the pool because it was over 100 degrees here. Sunday we went to church and had our fellowship meal, then home for a relaxing afternoon with swimming, burgers, and basketball.

What I'm looking forward to: We are meeting up with co-op friends this week for a fun visit, and we are starting to wind down our 4H year. And nothing is on the calendar this weekend.

A picture to share:


~6 years ago, my babies and the grandparents....

Comments

Popular Posts