Spring Fine Arts Finale

Through our co-op year we have met monthly for our fine arts day. We study a composer and an artist. (Loosely following Ambleside Online). We also have time for some fine art instruction, and through the year have studied pastels and watercolors. And this last month we met, for the last time, for a very special day with our friends.

Our spring fine arts finale.


When we all meet monthly there are 4 boys in our co-op and 10 girls, and of course the 4 moms, so femininity is going to reign.....so we planned to have a tea party.


Incredibly delicious food.


Picking out yummies...




Here is my plate....




Our art history lesson was on the early cave drawings...some of the first artists. My friend Kate put together a fabulous presentation; you can read her notes and see photos here.


Then my friend Dawn was up with a wonderful lesson on John James Audobon. He drew incredible sketches of birds and flowers.


We passed around a book of his sketches as she told us about his life.


My friend Nancy did our music portion...since this was a spring party, she focused on spring type music; Vivaldi and Grieg were a couple of the composers we listened to.





Then I did my contribution to the party....game time! We went outside and played elbow tag and then I taught them a new game....rock, paper, scissors tag. Totally the popular game now. (Sorry, I forgot to take photos...)




Finally, the children all went to the table, and on crushed paper bags-papers, made their own cave drawing with pastels.


My kids have so enjoyed art instruction this year!

The final works of art....


The day was bittersweet; this is the last time our co-op will be meeting together with all 4 families. And in just 4 short weeks our main co-op, Matres Magistres is ending. As time goes on our needs change; we also find that as teachers/moms sometimes our strengths change. There are times when, for the good of our families, we need to move on. Such heart wrenching decisions, but necessary ones. All of the families are moving on; to other co-ops, to bless other sisters in Christ and to contribute to their homeschooling efforts.

I am so thankful for these ladies, that God brought them into my life.

 
I am so thankful for these children, that God has blessed us with.


These are the reasons that I homeschool, the reasons I joined a co-op, and will continue my co-op journey next year.

And even though I am ending this post on a sad note, I will remember the joy, and the laughter.



Comments

  1. This is a lovely post, Charlotte!! Thanks for sharing it.

    Love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I am so thankful for you! Thank you for all the work you have put into our art history and artwork over the years. Love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a wonderful group Charlotte! And you all learned great things with precious fellowship at the same time. Glad you shared! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts