Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That this morning I woke up, and am the mother of a 15 year old. Life needs to slow way down. Happy Birthday, my boy.

What I'm reading: I am starting the book Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt in my spare reading time. My reviewing for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine has evolved into joining The Crew, which means I'll be using this blog more to write reviews for homeschooling products. And I am going to be reviewing a literature guide to go along with Across Five Aprils, so I need to get reading.

What I'm listening to: A couple children are listening to a book on CD upstairs, another is behind me doing school and another is waiting to get on the computer to do their language arts.

What we're learning: This week we are really focusing on our 4-H presentations. Mr. Lego had a last minute change so he is still working on his boards, while Bookworm is working on memorizing her stuff. They have 3 weeks before County Presentation Day. This week in history we are studying Sir Walter Raleigh, the Spanish Armada, and Michel de Montaigne.

What I'm watching: We celebrated Mr. Lego's birthday on Saturday with the watching of The Two Towers. The two older children have read the book so it was fun for them to finally see the movie.

What's cooking: This week we are having roast chicken, Japanese Curry, and a new crock pot recipe: Chicken Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken).

What I'm buying: I need to go out and buy more Sharpie's for our presentation boards....and some in fun colors too.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for the healthy body God has given me. That I can exercise, run, do fun things with the kids, and don't have any major health issues.

What I'm creating: Clean laundry. Today is one of our laundry days and I have at least 4 loads that need to go through the washer and dryer today.

What I'm praying: That God would continue to give me grace; grace as I lead and disciple my children, and grace in my role as a wife. And that I would remember Christ, the ultimate giver of grace.

What I'm planning: I have been researching different 4-H possibilities for our family and have come to the conclusion that the rabbits don't make sense for fair. Because we have to raise our market rabbits from birth and keep the parents all year, it doesn't work out with what you make at auction. So we are thinking to try goats. We would only need to own them for 2 months of the year and would at least break even at auction. And lest you think we will be keeping a goat in our backyard, I have a friend who doesn't live too far that is willing to let us keep the goats for those two months. We are thinking to do a trial run this year with one goat and see how it works. So I am off later this week to check out a few goats and see if one of them would work for us.

What we did this last weekend: We did some cleaning on Saturday, and then celebrated Mr. Lego's 15th birthday. We went to a park and played for a while, then came home to hamburgers, baked beans, coleslaw and potato chips. (Mr. Lego chose the menu) Then we all settled down and watched The Two Towers. Yesterday we went to church, our fellowship meal, and then to the assisted living center for their service. Then we went over to a friends house for yummy soup, fellowship, and the Super Bowl.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week, our 4-H officers meeting, Mr. Lego's class, and a visit to a goat farm. Along with all the other normal stuff we do every week.

A picture to share:


~My 15 year old son.

Comments

  1. Happy Happy Birthday to a wonderful young man. We are so glad to know you!!

    Oh, and be prepared to cry in certain parts with AFA. It is one of the best Civil War books I have ever read. :)

    Love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kate! Your family is such a blessing to us. And I am anxious to get into the book.....thanks for the warning. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts