Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I really love to eat. And that, my friends, is why I exercise. Not only do I love to eat, but I love to cook. I have some fun things planned on my menu this month.....

What I'm reading: I am reading pages in Living in God's Two Kingdoms: A Biblical Vision for Christianity and Culture by David Van Druden. The Sunday school class we are in at church is going through this book. And this month I am teaching the 5 and 6 year old class so I don't want to fall behind on the reading assignments.


What I'm listening to: The shower going upstairs. Someone, I am not sure who, is up there getting clean.

What we're learning: In history we are learning about the martyr of Savonarola, the Persian Empire, and Leonardo da Vinci. I have a fun book on da Vinci that the children will read too. The older ones are busy writing for their language arts class, Nusty is chugging along with letter sounds and Dasher is flying along in her math book.

What I'm watching: The fog rolling out this morning. We actually had a sprinkling of rain yesterday and today it will be in the 80's. And then the next 4 days are in the 90's again. I love it, but most people I know are really hankering for a change in the weather.

What's cooking: Later this week I am making Bulgogi (Korean Beef), Chapchae (Korean noodle dish), miso and Japanese marinated green beans. Yum.

What I'm buying: One thing that I have been inspired to do lately.....create a place outside where my Sweetie and I can sit on summer nights. We have a deck in the backyard that has lots of flowers on it, but no place to sit. So in my free time I would love to scour the thrift stores for some inexpensive patio furniture...

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for my husband. He is my best friend and companion. I love you, Sweetie!

What I'm creating: I know I mentioned this a couple weeks ago, but I really want to start doing another crocheting/knitting project, Has anyone ever tried anigurumi?

What I'm praying: That God would continue to give me wisdom as I train my children. Homeschooling and motherhood is a full time job!

What I'm planning: I went through and organized our bookshelves a little last week and that led to stacks of books in the hallway.....so I need to go through those ones and decide what to keep and what to give away.

What we did this last weekend: We ran some errands on Saturday and then had a friend over for dinner Saturday night. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school and then over to a friends house where we got to have bear meat for dinner! It was actually quite tasty and we had a wonderful time together.

What I'm looking forward to: I have another dreaded trip to the dentist this afternoon....this time for Nutsy. (I am not looking forward to this and neither is she!) We have co-op this week and Mr. Lego's robotic class too. Just a normal, productive week.

A picture to share:


~Fresh eggs. And all but the white one are chicken eggs. Any guesses as to what the other egg is?

Comments

  1. I've done ami crochet but you know that. hehe

    Bear meat - wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that what the cute little coffee mug you made me last Christmas is? It was seeing that little thing in my kitchen and seeing a post on Pinterest that made me think of trying ami....funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought we talked about it at co-op when you were saying that Bookworm wanted to find a new project. I have a few ami books. The mug is from it, but I didn't use the same pattern for yours. I've done an apple which reminds me I need to put it out for fall now! :) At Christmas I started a rabbit for Ian but it's still half done. LOL I love ami crochet, but 85% of it is toys or decor for little ones so I haven't done a lot of it. I pinned some cute birds on my Pinterst board that I think I'm going to do for Cmas ornament gifts...maybe! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We probably did talk about it but I forgot we were talking about ami. (That word IS a tough one!) :-) Bookworm decided to start making another blanket but experimenting with her stitches on it. The ami would be more for me....something to keep my hands busy with in the evenings. It would be neat to work on something like seasonal decor....the apple made me think of pumpkins for fall, or flowers for spring....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Yes, I still can't pronounce it right!! Good for Bookworm - Hannah said she wants to enter it into State Fair. :) Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea of making a spot for you and your hubby! That's a good idea. Jason and I have always used the front porch - at our old house we used the back deck for obvious (view) reasons :)
    At this house we use the back lawn, because there's a built in fire pit with chairs all around it. Ends up being quite cozy and romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dawn, and it is a good thing it is not due until March....this one is harder and she only done with the second square. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Stef, I have had the idea for a long time, but felt *pushed* after reading Erin's blog post. How cool that you have a fire pit with chairs! That will come in handy with entertaining. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very close.....it is a duck egg. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts