Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monday Musings (On Tuesday)

What I'm thinking: Of the little things I need to do today. The fun art pages I have for Nutsy to do. The letter that I need to get into the mail, and a couple emails I need to write.

What I'm reading: Now that we are starting our school schedule, I think I should be able to read more. I do have a spot on there for 'me' time, either to read or do projects that need to be done. So we'll see what book I feel like picking up...

What I'm listening to: Bookworm practicing her piano. We are back on our school schedule and between 7:30 and 8 is music practice for 2 of the kiddos.

What we're learning: We start school today! We'll be studying the War of the Roses and the Spanish Inquisition in history, an overview of zoology in science and the older two are reading a chapter in their new geography book about the solar system.

What I'm watching: The sun shining. I love the sun. I love living in a place where I see the sun most every day. I don't think I would do well in a place where it is cloudy more than it is sunny......the sun makes me smile.

What's cooking: This week I am making gyros in the crock pot. We'll eat them in pita breads with lettuce and some yummy Tzatziki sauce made with my homemade yogurt. And I'll also make some Tabbouleh to go with it.

What I'm buying: I don't need to go out for anything. I tried to plan it that way this week....but we'll see if we can last until Friday on a 2/3 full gallon of milk.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful that God keeps us safe. Yesterday at our friend's house I got into a water fight with my husband. He was across the pool from me and shot me with a super soaker and I turned real fast and ran into a fence post. So now I have a goose egg bump over my eye, and two cuts under it. I am thankful that I didn't injure my eye or need stitches. But I do have a nice shiner this morning....

What I'm creating: On my mind to do this week is prepare for co-op. We have a week before the science/writing/geography classes start and this week only have art history/art instruction/composer study.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to give me wisdom as I train and disciple my children; not only in academics, but more importantly, in training their hearts.

What I'm planning: To have a good week. I know that all sorts of things can happen, but I am planning on things going well.

What we did this last weekend: We had such a fun day Saturday with our family. We went on a nice long bike ride then went for a swim in the pool. We went to church on Sunday and then came back home and relaxed. Each evening we played Up the River with all of them....they are getting good at cards. Yesterday we went up to our friend's for their annual Labor Day Party. We played volleyball, went swimming and had great fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our first 4-H officers meeting tonight, then co-op tomorrow. And I am really looking forward to starting school.

A picture to share:


~Nutsy, getting ready to take the plunge into our friend's pool.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Do you share the gyro crock pot recipe? Sounds marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! It is adapted from crockpot365.blogspot.

    I chop half an onion and mix it with a pound of ground beef, 2-3 cloves of garlic and 1 T oregano. I shape that into a log, oil my crockpot and place the log in it. Then cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4. Let stand on a plate for 10-15 minutes then slice thinly. I make standard Tzatziki sauce (any internet recipe will do) and we stuff pita bread with the meat, sauce, chopped lettuce, olives and feta.

    So yummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete