Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am writing this a little late....I had an early dentist appointment for Dasher. (What was I thinking scheduling an appointment at 7:30 in the morning?!?) She did really well and we are home now.

What I'm reading: I don't have any books in mind to read this week.....I will probably preview our history lesson for next week though.

What I'm listening to: Car sounds outside....chattering voices upstairs....pages being turned by someone reading on the sofa.

What we're learning: Learning always happens....we saw some great wildlife on the Delta and the older kids have been reading about hurricanes lately.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched The Treasure of the Sierra Madre with Humphrey Bogart. We love the Walter Huston dance....

What's cooking: On the menu this week is Chicken Fried Rice, Lettuce Wraps and Chicken Pad Thai. I guess I was craving Asian food when I made my menu up.

What I'm buying: Mr. Lego read a book this last week that had the recipe for Russian Tea in it. Which reminded me that my mom would make batches of it when I was young and have it in the pantry to make on cold days. It isn't cold right now, but the flavors sound so good to me, so later today we are going to go out and get the ingredients to make it.

What I'm thankful for: That Christ died for the wretched, sinful and undeserving. In the sermon yesterday, we were reminded that Jesus came from a line of sinful people and in His mercy, elected a chosen people for Himself.

What I'm creating: Later today I plan to edit the photos I took this last weekend while we were on the Delta....I got some good ones of some crazy tubing.

What I'm praying: For those around me that are struggling. Some with health issues, others with financial difficulties and others that are just struggling with life in general. Even though I know that God is working through our trials for His glory and our sanctification, they are still trials.

What I'm planning: I'm making sure we have everything in order for school to start up next week. I need to make some flashcards, have our history worksheets all printed out and download handwriting exercises for Nutsy.

What we did this last weekend: We were on the Delta with friends. I had never been there before and we had a great time tubing, wake boarding, swimming and going for boat rides. Sunday we heard a sermon on Matthew 1 and then headed home for yummy grilled chicken, homemade Caesar salad and corn from the valley.

What I'm looking forward to: We are planning to be in the pool this week a couple times, then the girls might be going to a tea party later this week. And we are all looking forward to our church's annual Labor Day party on Monday.

A picture to share:


My Sweetie with our friend, A. Yes, it was a wild ride.

4 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you linked to the chicken pad thai!! Jason and I wanted to make that together in September {when life will slow down} and I could not remember which blogger posted the recipe :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, what is Russian tea? I love this picture! It was a lovely time.

    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! It is so easy and super yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kate, it is made from Tang, lemonade, spices and instant tea. You mix it all together into a powder and put a tablespoon into your mug with hot water. Probably not the most healthiest thing....I am going to try to find the ingredients without corn syrup, food coloring, hydrogenated ingredients. Not sure if I can..... :-)

    ReplyDelete