Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I really love summer. I love the heat too. So with temperatures in the mid to high 90's this week, I think I am living in the right place.

What I'm reading: I am planning to read from A Lifting Up for the Downcast by William Bridge this week. I really should have to time.....

What I'm listening to: Lately I have been listening to Fernando Ortega's How Deep the Father's Love For Us. "....Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer; but this I know with all my heart, His woulds have paid my ransom...."

What we're learning: T-minus 14 days until school starts. I have the bulk of our curriculum and materials and this week I want to sit down and refine the schedule and continue to work on the science class I am teaching in co-op.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched the 2004 version of The Alamo. It is a pretty historically accurate portrayal of this event...someday we will watch it as a family.

What's cooking: On the menu this week is a Japanese dish called Donburi or Oyakidon. It is a yummy dish with chicken, onions and eggs over rice. I will also make miso to go with it.

What I'm buying: This week it is just the normal weekly grocery shopping. I love it that there is a farm right in my little town that has an honor system vegetable stand. I am going there weekly too, for my tomatoes, corn and peaches.

What I'm thankful for: My homeschooling friends. They encourage me, lend me books, trade supplies with me and keep me going.

What I'm creating: Muffins. I have decided that it would make our mornings easier if sometimes we have muffins I can pull out of the freezer to eat with breakfast. So I am going to enlist the help of the kids and experiment with different muffin recipes and freezing them. Any suggestions?

What I'm praying: I am praying for those around me. A friend is having her baby any day now...another friend lost her mom last week, and others are having hard times financially.

What I'm planning: The kitchen never got deep cleaned last week so that is on my list of things to do this week.

What we did this last weekend: We had a lovely day on Saturday with the family.....after a nice breakfast we went on a three mile bike ride, then home and into the pool to play. That evening we played cards with the kids....it is fun having them be old enough to play fun games with. Sunday we went to church and then went to our church's last summer picnic.

What I'm looking forward to: A semi quiet week....Bookworm has her last sewing class tomorrow and we are going to go to the Delta with friends later in the week.

A picture to share:

(4 pictures today....I didn't want to leave anyone out.)






~The results of face painting at the church picnic yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment