Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we had such a good time last week at our church's annual family camping trip! About 70 of us headed up to the mountains for 4 days of fun, swimming, games, dirt, bridge jumping, and good fellowship.

What I'm reading: I didn't have much time to read last week, but I am continuing to read through the Bible. I am on a 2 year track and am just a few days behind schedule right now.

What I'm listening to: Absolute silence. I am letting the kids sleep in...they were up late all last week and need their rest.

What we're learning: Our whole family learns every Sunday during church. Not only do we worship God during that time, but we feed on His Word. And yesterday we heard a message on Psalm 2. The nations might vainly rage against God, but we as believers can kiss the son; and with gratitude obey Christ, who was our judge but is now our Savior.

What I'm watching: A massive pile of laundry that I need to tackle today. It is going to be nice and hot so I hope to speed up the whole process by drying lots of clothes out on the line.

What's cooking: I am planning to make BBQ pork in my crock pot this week; this would be a roast  from Chalupa & Carnitas, our baby piggies from last fall. The recipe? Quite easy. I put the roast in the crock pot all day, then during the last hour add my favorite BBQ sauce from Trader Joe's. We'll have coleslaw and baked beans to go with it.

What I'm buying: Since I did not do a monthly shopping day this month, I am off to get a few things at a couple stores today. I was only taking a month off, and am glad to get back onto my monthly schedule next week.

What I'm thankful for: Whenever we go camping, it makes me so thankful that I was born in the 20th century. For thousands of years, people lived like I camped last week. Without running water, showers, living in the dirt, cooking over the fire....thank you Lord, that you have me in 2011.

What I'm creating: This week I am planning to tackle our master bedroom closet. It has become a catch-all for clothes that don't fit anymore, baby toys, half finished knitting projects and too many shoes.

What I'm praying: That this week I would remember to encourage my children. A friend I met in the blog world has been challenging herself to be more of an encouragement to her little ones. I have been inspired and want to make sure that through the day, every word out of my mouth is not always saying no and giving commands, but encouraging their hearts to honor and worship God.

What I'm planning: We have our yearly planning meeting for our co-op this week, so I need to get the science syllabus typed up and my schedule ready.

What we did this last weekend: We were camping with great friends. I am planning a blog post in the near future about that adventure. Sunday we went to church, then back home for a relaxing afternoon with the kids.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our co-op meeting this week, Bookworm has her sewing class, and we are meeting up with a friend and her son whom we haven't seen in a few years too.

A picture to share:


~This was on Day 2 of our camping trip. And she actually looks not too dirty.....

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your updates, and that picture makes my mouth water for a s'more!! (or three... lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Melissa! I had never done S'Mores with Nutella and now we are hooked. :-)

    ReplyDelete