Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Fair is on my mind and will be for the next couple weeks. Last week was busy putting together a buyer letter for the auction and getting business addresses, and this week we will be distributing them by mail and by hand. I also need to get my two entries ready and matted; I am planning to blog about all we are entering later this week.

What I'm reading: There was no spare time last week...I find that when I am reading a meatier book like Age of Opportunity, I don't naturally pick up that book when I have a few minutes of down time. I need a good 20 minute chunk to read those books and I don't know if I will have that this week either.

What I'm listening to: Bookworm is reading aloud her literature book Little Men by Louisa May Alcott; there was a funny part and Mr. Lego wanted to hear it. The little girls are upstairs listening to Sir Bentley with Holbrook Court by Chuck Black on the CD player.

What we're learning: This week we are learning about The Canterbury Tales (very, very abridged), John Huss and Joan of Arc. I was surprised just now as I looked in our history book that we finish Mystery of History Volume 2 next week! Since we do school through July, I will assign historical fiction to read and essays until the end of our school year. This week in science we are learning about gastropods and worms. Fun.

What I'm watching: Last night we started watching Father of the Bride. And I was glad when we both got so tired we shut it off; someday I am going to be watching my Sweetie give away three daughters....

What's cooking: I am making Quesadilla Pie tomorrow night. I'll make Spanish rice and have sliced avocados and tortilla chips to go with it.

What I'm buying: I am still trying to find a white skirt for Dasher for the Fair; they have to wear their whites for most of the competitions.

What I'm thankful for: The material blessings that God gives us that bring me joy. We don't need or deserve them, but when I think of those less fortunate, we are very blessed indeed.

What I'm creating: I just made myself a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea, to go with my breakfast of peanut butter and jelly toast.

What I'm praying: I am praying this week for those that are elderly and can't get out to church; that the Lord would comfort them and minister to their hearts.

What I'm planning: We have our last formal co-op meeting this week, and I am going to be wrapping up our hymn study for the year. I'll talk a bit about When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, then I am planning to put together a fun quiz to test them on the 4 hymns we have learned this year.

What we did this last weekend: We went to a homeschooling booksale Saturday morning where we added about 30 more books to our library. Saturday afternoon/evening was fun: 2 couples came over for yummy appetizers and dinner, then we all headed to a Jesse Cook concert. Sunday we attended church, then on the spur of the moment went to our friends for a relaxing afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow is our 4-H club meeting and it is also when they will hold elections for officers next year. Both Mr. Lego and Bookworm are planning to give campaign speeches. Then Wednesday is co-op!

A picture to share:



~Good times.

....And a video to share:


video


Oops.....I was trying to just take a picture.....

                                  video

4 comments:

  1. I love these updates! So fun. Earl grey is one of my favorites (have you tried Blackflower & Co.'s blend? It's truly delicious). And the pictures you shared are delightful.
    Thanks for your comment on my post. God is so kind. I am almost 10 weeks (although weeks and due dates and the like are so hard for me to discuss... which I guess is why I haven't posted that publicly on there...) and baby is measuring ahead. We were very humbled and thankful this morning to see a wiggly, active little baby on the ultrasound screen. God is merciful to us, for certain.
    May the Lord bless you as you seek His glory this week and put your hands to the many tasks that He has prepared for you!
    Peace, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I am so happy for you!! God is so good.

    And I love Blackflower's Earl Grey but I haven't tried the blend yet.

    Have a blessed week my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, even though there are actual pictures of me on here, I love your blog. ;) It was a lovely night!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I have your picture on here....I couldn't help it. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete