Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: I feel like I am in some ways in mourning right now; late last week my digital SLR camera took its last picture. Over the weekend I took it into two different camera stores and heard the horrible news that it is not worth it to send it in to be fixed. And to buy a new one would be over a thousand dollars....this is just not a possibility right now. I did look into used ones, but those are at least $700. The plan is for me to start saving money and then patiently, patiently, wait until I can buy one.

What I'm reading: I am still going through Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss; very timely right now.

What I'm listening to: The shower going upstairs and Cherry Jones again, this time reading The Long Winter.

What we're learning: We are studying question #38 in the shorter catechism/Bible this week. Then in history we are learning about St Francis of Assisi, the Children's Crusade and King John and the Magna Carta. Dasher is doing narrations and copywork from Nurse Matilda and Nusty is working on her letter sounds.

What I'm watching: Last night we started watching Attack of the Clones. Which reminded my Sweetie and I of when we went to see it on opening night with our dear friend's the G's. We miss you guys a lot.

What's cooking: On the menu tomorrow is a new recipe I am trying from Cooking Light: Arroz Con Pollo. I am also going to make Jalapeno Corn Pudding in the crockpot to go with it.

What I'm buying: I can't think of anything I need to get this week...when you lose something expensive it sure makes you aware of how much money you spend.

What I'm thankful for: I had a wonderful conversation with a friend yesterday at church, my friend who lost her husband a couple months ago, and realized how much I do have to be thankful for. Even though in God's plan I have lost a material blessing, I still have so much to thankful Him for.

What I'm creating: A clean house. I am participating in Spring Cleaning with Ask Anna and am determined to do all the jobs. I was planning to take photos of before and afters and to blog about it, but that won't work without a camera. Blogging and my camera go hand in hand for me so I don't know how much I will blog about my endeavor.

What I'm praying: Like David, I am praying that God would reveal to me what His purpose is in my trials. Instead of impatiently waiting for my trial to end, I am praying that I can patiently learn what He is teaching me. And to also remember that my true joy should always come from knowing I am saved, by grace alone, from my sins.

What I'm planning: I am going to start my lesson plan for the last hymn I am teaching this year in our co-op, When I Survey the Wondrous Cross. I am really looking forward to explaining this wonderful hymn to the children.

What we did this last weekend: We spent Saturday doing projects around the house, then Sunday we went to church and heard an encouraging sermon on Psalm 86. During our Sunday school class we had a great discussion on repentance and faith, and then enjoyed our monthly fellowship meal. After that we headed to the assisted living center to help with the church service there.

What I'm looking forward to: An ordinary week this week; all the regular stuff....homeschooling, laundry, housecleaning, cooking.


A picture to share:


~This was taken at our church ball last week. And this is the last photo my Nikon D50 will ever take. (Sorry A, I know you don't like your picture taken.)

8 comments:

  1. Haha! That is a horrible picture...oh well, :D
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for understanding, A. :-) And it is not horrible....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad! But keep an eye out, I thought it would be forever till we could buy one, but a photographer friend was selling one of her old ones and we got a steal on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I am hoping for, Krista...my problem is that I didn't plan for this at all, and don't even have a point and shoot right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry about your nikon, Charlotte! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Erin. :-)

    And if any of you hear of anyone selling a used Nikon...I am looking to buy a used D80.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Stepping Heavenward. I re-read it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @4kids1mom, I love that book too. It is amazing what different things I am picking up this time through. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete