Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That God works in very mysterious ways. And we have 1 little baby rabbit in the rabbitry. One. To put this in perspective, each doe can have between 4 and 6 babies per litter (once we had one that had 9), and last week we had three pregnant does. I was planning to have each child auction off a meat pen (3 rabbits) at our county fair which would fund our rabbit project next year. Instead, the Lord has blessed us with one very small rabbit. I still haven't figured out why He is choosing this path for us, but I keep telling myself it is the best one.

What I'm reading: I started reading one of my favorite books again, Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss. I have been reminded in the last couple weeks how much my plans might be different from what God plans for me, and I remember this book being particularity encouraging about that conflict.

What I'm listening to: Cherry Jones reading Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder on CD. Three of my offspring are playing/knitting/drawing in the living room while listening.

What we're learning: We are taking a break from new history lessons to review this week. I am trying to think of some fun ways to do this: history pictionary, or maybe a history jeopardy game. I have M&M's for treats too. In science the older children are learning about Order Artiodactyla, which includes cows, bison, antelopes, wildebeest and we will see what else.

What I'm watching: The puddles drying in the street and the sun coming out today. And I am so excited...we are supposed to have a couple days with temperatures over 70!

What's cooking: Tonight I am experimenting from this cookbook and making Chow Mein and Hot and Sour Soup with my crockpots. We will see how this goes....

What I'm buying: I need to head out and get some things for the craft I am thinking to do for our co-op meeting this week. Only I am not sure what I am doing. So I guess I need to figure that out first. :-)

What I'm thankful for: That the older children did so well at Sectionals last weekend. They both got gold! So now they can go onto State Presentation Day if they want (which Mr. Lego is really wanting to do); the only problem is that it is the same weekend as our county fair, so we will have to see if we can juggle both events.

What I'm creating: Nothing at the moment; I am thinking of some cute craft/lazy day ideas that I saw on a couple other blogs and in a magazine lately...

What I'm praying: For my friend who has cancer. For her husband and children as they walk this hard road and that God would be glorified through this journey.

What I'm planning: A blog post about something new I am trying....it has to do with fermentation.....any guesses?

What we did this last weekend: We went to Sectionals pretty much all day Saturday; my Sweetie and I were both judges so that made it lots of fun. Sunday we heard a sermon on Psalm 23, then had good friends over for pulled pork sandwiches, good fellowship and a hymn sing.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week, then our church is having our semi-annual contra dancing ball this Thursday night. I have 3 little ladies making sure their dresses are looking good and a boy who is trying to find a nice jacket to wear.

A picture to share:


~I am taking black and white photographs for my class. This is one of my favorites, but missed the cut because I didn't like how it was focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment