Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I don't like time changes. I lost an hour of sleep Saturday night, it was dark when my alarm went off this morning and the kids are having a hard time getting up. Do we really have to do this?

What I'm reading: Now that my photography class is almost done, I am reading Photoshop Elements For Dummies so I will know how to edit all those pictures I took.

What I'm listening to: Live feed from the Fish on our computer. I don't recognize the song that is on right now...

What we're learning: This week we are going onto question 35 in the Shorter Catechism, the older children are learning about expanded process paragraphs in Writing Skills, and we are learning about the Petrobrusians, Waldensians and Eleanor of Aquitaine in history.

What I'm watching: Rain again. We have had a good rain year which I am thankful for, but I am really ready for Summer.

What's cooking: Tonight I am making Corn Chowder. This is a yummy crock pot recipe from my trusty crock pot cookbook. I'll probably also make cornbread to go with it.

What I'm buying: Big shopping happens later this week; I need to go through the pantry and see what things we are running low on.

What I'm thankful for: Good friends that encourage me.

What I'm creating: I am starting a project...(I am famous for starting them, but not so well known for finishing them) ...but this one has to do with books so I think I am going to be motivated to finish it. I am going to go through all our books and writing down the title, author and copyright. I am also organizing them (on Word) by genre. This will probably take a while....

What I'm praying: For the Japanese people during this hard time. Also thankfulness that my mother-in-law's family is all accounted for; they live mostly in Hiroshima and Tokyo.

What I'm planning: I'm trying to decide if I should take my kids yearly photos myself or drag us all to the mall and JC Penneys. I really very much dislike the mall. But I am very behind in getting their pictures taken. (Like Nutsy is going to be 6 in 4 four months and I have not had her 5 year old ones done yet.) It still counts if it is done while she is still 5, right?

What we did this last weekend: The kiddos and I went to another library book sale on Saturday, then we had our second Supper For Six that evening. On Sunday we heard a convicting sermon, participated in our thought provoking Sunday school class, then hung out with two great families for the rest of the day.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our rabbit meeting tomorrow, then co-op on Wednesday. And what I am not looking forward to? My dentist appointment this afternoon.

A picture to share:


~Anyone want to take a guess at where we were last week?

5 comments:

  1. I was totally going to make corn chowder for dinner tonight, and pair some corn muffins with it that I have stashed in the freezer! Haha!
    But then I realized we have leftovers... which will go better with our busy evening... so this meal will wait until tomorrow.
    But thought I'd tell you anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rebecca - getting close....but not a court.

    @Melissa - that is too funny! Mine is bubbling right now in the crock pot. :-) I am sure your leftovers are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the door leading into Governor Jerry Brown's office at the State Capital building.
    I'm going to try your crock pot recipe for corn chowder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy got it! And Mr. Brown was in there (doing I don't know what) while we were outside.

    I really liked the soup Nancy, the only thing I would say is this: I don't have an immersion blender like she suggested. So I put it in my blender and it didn't get it all creamy like I think it should have been. There were still little chunks. But it was still tasty! :-)

    ReplyDelete