Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Of all I need to do today. We need to do school, I have a couple errands to run and then I have some photos on my camera that I need to edit. And I have laundry to do, and some organizing projects in mind. A busy, yet profitable day!

What I'm reading: Still working on My Life in France.....

What I'm listening to: Chattering voices upstairs and a quiet downstairs.

What we're learning: The older children are reading Patty Reed's Doll by Rachel K Laurgaard for co-op, we are learning the Latin roots jacio (throw) and pono (lay) in vocabulary this week, and then the older ones are working very hard on their presentations for 4-H. These are due in less than 3 weeks now....

What I'm watching: Yesterday while we were driving I saw the buds coming out on the cherry trees in the area. What a lovely and beautiful sign of Spring.

What's cooking: On Wednesdays we have co-op in the afternoon so I almost always make something in the crock pot so the late afternoon is smooth. This week I am making Brown Sugar Chicken with rice and broccoli.

What I'm buying: The Boy who had a birthday yesterday is still growing so I am off to find him a couple of pairs of pants later today.

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for our health. We have not really been sick, except for some little colds a couple weeks ago.

What I'm creating: I am thinking about doing a Valentine's craft later this week with the kids and saw this great idea on my friend's blog. 

What I'm praying: That, as I do my daily things....housework, child training, errands and cooking; I would do it seeking first God's kingdom, and for His glory.

What I'm planning: Our friends are moving to Colorado in the next couple weeks, which is sad, but then they gave us a bookshelf which made me very happy. So now I need to figure out how I will juggle and move around all our books.

What we did this last weekend: We went to a rabbit show on Saturday and Dasher's rabbit got Best of Opposite Sex Breed (basically 2nd place out of all 22 New Zealand's there). Then that afternoon we celebrated Mr. Lego's 14th birthday by having fun appetizers at an Italian restaurant, then eating his dinner of choice at home and watching a movie. Yesterday we heard a very convicting sermon on Matthew 6, then we went to the assisted living center to help hold a service there for the residents.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our 4-H meeting tomorrow night, where Bookworm is giving a project report. Then co-op is on Wednesday, and then Sunday afternoon we are having 2 families over for our Supper For Six.

A picture to share:


~The Birthday Boy himself. A blog post coming soon.....

Comments

  1. I liked this, as usual. Oh, I've made the Brown Sugar Chicken and it is tasty! However, I found out that if you want it tender, then it has to be on low for a very looong time. I hope you enjoy your dinner and busy, but productive week!
    By the way, please tell Jimmy "Happy 14th Birthday!" for me! He's a fun friend!
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I will remember that about the chicken...I can easily start it early that morning. Thanks for the tip! And Jimmy says thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts