Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my time off from the normal was lovely. We stayed up late, slept in, saw family, hung out with friends, ate great food, and had some special moments with just me, my Sweetie and our children. Now back to normal...I have missed reading everyone's blogs but will be slowly catching up this week.

What I'm reading: Oh my, I have not even given this a thought. Too many things to think about this Monday morning...

What I'm listening to: Breakfast sounds and the heater warming the house. This morning it is pretty cold.

What we're learning: Back to our formal schooling! This week we are studying Charlemagne and the invasion of the Vikings in history. And then in our co-op my friend is beginning a new unit on Californian Mission Life.

What I'm watching: This last weekend we watched The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. I really like that movie.

What's cooking: Later this week I am making Mediterranean Wraps. It is a really yummy Cooking Light recipe.

What I'm buying: I need to run out today to get my groceries for the week. And I think that is all the errands I have to do.

What I'm thankful for: That my end is not in this world, but in an inheritance that is incorruptible and does not fade.

What I'm creating: Today I plan to download all the photos off of my camera from the last week and edit them. Then I need to update my blog with some of them. :-)

What I'm praying: That as we get back into our routine God will grant me wisdom as I train my children, and that He would soften and direct their hearts towards Him.

What I'm planning: I have some reviews that are due in the next couple weeks so I need to get working on those....

What we did this last weekend: We had our annual New Years Eve sleepover at our friends house where we all stayed up way too late. We went to our church service Sunday morning, then had a nice afternoon with our kids eating Tostadas and playing Phase 10.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op starting up again this week. I am looking forward to continuing to explain the verses of my hymn, and then to work with the younger children during the history lesson.
 

A picture to share:



~Christmas at the Grandparents house.

No comments:

Post a Comment