Thankfulness

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. And while I am thinking about turkey,  how I want to set the table and if my fondue will come out tonight, I still want to focus on what I am thankful for. So here is my list, followed by the children's lists as well.


Christ, and His saving work on the cross. That He saw me in my sinfulness and extended unmerited grace.




For our church. As a congregation we have been studying and memorizing the Westminster Shorter Catechism this year in Sunday School and I have immensely enjoyed that.




My faithful husband. My best friend, lover, and closest companion. Need I say more?




My precious children. They bring such incredible joy into my life!




My home. It could really be anywhere as far as I am concerned. As long as I am with my Sweetie and children, home could be an apartment, duplex or house. It is what is inside those walls that make it a home.




My washing machine and dryer. I could give up my dishwasher and microwave, but not having these machines to clean and dry our clothes would definitely make my life more challenging.





Music. I love having beautiful, encouraging music playing. From Fernando Ortega to Bach's concerto, I find comfort and am thankful for music.




Tea is such a luxury, but so soothing to me. I have at least one cup most every day and love to try new flavors.





My camera. I love capturing moments. Especially moments that will someday fade. And I am so thankful that I have my Nikon to take photos with.




Color. God is so gracious to give us such a beautiful world to live in and I am so thankful I can see and enjoy the beautiful colors that are in it. 



It is good to give thanks to the Lord
to sing praises to your name, Oh most High.

Psalm 92:1





Mr. Lego

  • My lego collection
  • The baby rabbits
  • Jesus who died on the cross
  • Clothes that I wear
  • For Christian music



Bookworm

  • Books to read
  • For turkey
  • That Jesus died for me
  • Christmas Music
  • That I am not sick and am not disabled


Dasher

  • For Thanksgiving
  • For God and that He died on the cross for our sins
  • I am thankful for the world that God created
  • I am thankful for my rabbits
  • For my toy cars

Nutsy


  • Christmas
  • Eating turkey
  • Bracelets and necklaces
  • Shoes
  • Pictures on the walls

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. Awww, I loved this post! You and your hubby make a great pair! Loved the picture of you two. Seems like yesterday you were "just friends" at Valley Church :)

    I liked reading the kid's lists... its fun to get a glimpse at what kids are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Charlotte! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Here's a few of my recent tea favorites -
    Good Earth - Black Ginger Tea
    Peet's - Lavender Earl Grey
    Tazo - Green Zen Blend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stef. I know, it seems like yesterday that we were all at Valley.... :-)

    Erin, I have never seen the Black Ginger Tea! I'll have to try to find that one. And I do really like the Lavender Earl Grey too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this post, Charlotte. You are such a blessing to those in your life.

    XO,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts