Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am cold. I love warm weather and get cold very easily in the wintertime, so I am sitting here with 2 sweaters, my warm, fuzzy slippers and a cup of tea.


What I'm reading: Not too much this week....
 
What I'm listening to: The wind blowing outside. It was stormy here over the weekend and this is our fourth day of rain.

What we're learning: We are taking a break from formal learning this week, but the kids still read like crazy.

What I'm watching: The fridge getting full. Although by the end of the week it will have thinned out a bit.

What's cooking: We are going to start a 'Thanksgiving Eve' tradition.....fondue. I found a crock pot recipe for one that we are going to try this Wednesday.

What I'm buying: I tried to escape the rush at the stores by doing the grocery shopping for Thanksgiving this morning. No lines at all and I got a turkey for 68 cents a pound.

What I'm thankful for: That so far this season we have not gotten sick. And I pray this lasts through this week. At least.

What I'm creating: We are hoping for more baby rabbits this week.....we'll see....

What I'm praying: That I would remember to store up my treasure in heaven and not here on this earth.

What I'm planning: Thanksgiving food, along with, I am sure, a million other people. We are having the traditional dinner with turkey and stuffing, green bean casserole, yams, potatoes, cranberries sauce and ambrosia, just for my Sweetie.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we had a nice day at home doing stuff around the house, then after church yesterday we had some friends over. Then last night we had a visit from the grandparents who were in the area. It was a short visit but fun to see them!

What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow we are helping to pass food out at the food bank with 4-H, then Thursday Obachan (Sweetie's Mom) is coming for Thanksgiving. Then off to find a Christmas tree on Friday and to pull out the Christmas decorations....

A picture to share:



~Grandma and Grandpa with the kiddos.

4 comments:

  1. Your thankful thing is the same as mine. :D And I'm praying the same!

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, friend. Love you!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that a great sermon yesterday?

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too....I'll miss seeing you this week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a VERY good sermon! So encouraging and so much to think over. :)

    Did you get my email about your appetizers? I think I'll just end up doing rigatoni and meatballs for tomorrow evening but sometime I'm going to implement your fun idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I didn't get your email, Dawn. Rigatoni and Meatballs sounds SO yummy! And we'll see how the fondue turns out....

    ReplyDelete