Joy In The Morning

Joy 
in the
Morning


Well this week was interesting. We were gone on our camping trip and to visit the grandparents for the first half of it. So my Joy In The Morning challenge did not even start until Wednesday.

Wednesday: The first day back in my own bed. And I completely failed my challenge. Out of the previous 5 mornings, on three of them I woke up on a deflated air mattress with a rock in my back and one of my daughter's feet in my face. So can you blame me when I accidentally set my alarm clock for 6pm instead of 6am? I did get my Bible time in and had the kids up and starting school at the right time.

Thursday: Up at 6am! I had my Bible time but no exercise today. Somehow on our trip I had pulled a muscle in my calf area, and since my three modes of exercise (aerobics, stationary bike and a brisk walk) all use my leg, I opted out of exercise today. And hey, we went to the beach for 4 days in a row and I jumped in the waves, ran around cliffs rescuing little kiddos from the incoming tide, played football with my husband (what was I thinking?!?) and walked countless times to the camp bathrooms at the top of the hill. So whether you agree with me or not, I am counting all that for my weekly exercise....

Friday: Late last night I mumbled to my Sweetie to wake me up at 6am because I wasn't sure where my alarm clock was. Probably under the laundry in my rocking chair. And he did wake me up, just not exactly at 6am. But so far I have done my Bible time, the kids have finished their morning chores and my things are done. 

This is technically the last week of September, but since this last week was not a full week, I am going to do this challenge for one more week before I evaluate and see how this whole experiment has worked. How have your mornings been going?


Comments

  1. Haha, this didn't end up going so well for me. I adjusted the main principles to overflow into my heart, and getting things done on the early side, and being joyful right from the getgo, etc. But I must confess, I did not get up & at em at 6. Waking up at 6:30, doing some reading and quiet time, and being actually "at em" by 7:30 - that's the best I can do. :)
    I'm proud of you for being so diligent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts