{#abcblogging} A - Apricot Cordial

I decided to start this whole blogging through the alphabet with a punch, by sharing my apricot cordial recipe.

This is a trickier recipe to do right now because apricots are technically not really in season, BUT you can use this recipe with plums. 



You start with fresh fruit.




Wash and seed.





Chop into course pieces. 



I love collecting glass jars from thrift stores so these come in quite handy. You will need ones that are totally clean and sterile, and that seal up completely. 



Put a layer of apricots in.....



and then a sprinkling of sugar. I did taste the apricots and decided to not add too much sugar since these were on the sweet side. For plums I would add more to taste. 


Continue layering almost to the top of the jar.





Open up a bottle of cheap vodka and pour it in. 






Make sure you cover the fruit completely.




Lids go on, and then the jars need to be put into a dark place for 4-6 weeks.




Every few days do give it a shake.

After about 6 weeks strain, and re-bottle into clean carafes. Because of the sugar content this can be stored at room temperature, but do use it within 6 months.





The options are endless! Plums can be started now and then used to be given as Christmas gifts. And the cordial can be used in different ways -  as an evening sipping drink, mixed into sparkling water or over ice, and even poured over ice cream.


Here is some plum cordial....my dad makes batches of it each fall and we all get a bottle for Christmas.
I have not tried other fruits besides plum and apricot, but most fruits will turn into a lovely cordial - blueberries, pears, strawberries, and many more. Have fun making cordial!





Biblical Womanhood

Comments

  1. YUM! I think I'll do up something like this for our New Year's celebration. Thanks for joining us and for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! You had me at vodka ;-) This does look really yummy, and I will have to give it a try! Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts