Monday Musings

I haven't done one of these in a while. Enjoy.



What I'm thinking: That I love living here, with this weather, and especially in this season. I love the warm summer nights, the sun coming up nice and early helping me wake up, and yes, the heat.

What I'm reading: A friend let me borrow Hamilton, by Ron Chernow. This is the book that inspired the now very popular musical, so I want to see what all the fuss is about.

What I'm listening to: The kids are watching Singing in the Rain so I'm hearing fun songs and dialogue. That is one of my favorite musicals.

What we're learning: We are doing modified school for the next few weeks. I have a couple of things we are reviewing, and then I made up these fun daily packets for the two girls to do. There are two math fact sheets, and then a couple of other worksheets that are mapwork, grammar review, fun mazes, and other neat worksheets. And that is the extent of school right now.

What's cooking: This week I am making meatloaf, Jalapeno Lime Sauce Tostadas, Spaghetti, and a chicken stir fry. The girls are on a baking craze and have banana bread, lemon cookies, and cheesecake in the plans for this week.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful that we have access to a pool. Not just to cool off in, but I am swimming again in the mornings with My Sweetie. Five days a week we swim laps for about 45 minutes and I love this kind of exercise. Low impact, but gets my heart rate up.

What I'm creating: Tonight I have a couple of reviews to write for The Schoolhouse Review Crew. One is a science resource for teachers and the other are some fun essential oils I've been trying.

What I'm planning: We have extended family coming later this week so I am meal planning for while they are here. Some of the baking the girls are doing will be a part of this - I really am thankful that they like being in the kitchen with me.

What I'm looking forward to: I'm looking forward to the family visit. We are taking them to Tahoe for the day and it will be good to just relax with them. We are also planning on seeing long-time friends this weekend also. Friends and family are a treasure.

A picture to share:





This little guy. Hopefully I don't kill him.

Comments

Popular Posts