Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That marriage is hard work, amazing, crazy, and full of grace. I had a good conversation with a friend today about marriage, and was reminded of how humbling, sanctifying, and lovely it can really be.

What I'm reading: I have started using a devotional book for my morning Bible time. I am really enjoying it - New Morning Mercies by Paul Tripp.

What I'm listening to: I'm listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio right now. His financial steps really work, and I like listening to his radio program.

What we're learning: This week in our writing class the kids have the assignment to write a five paragraph biographical essay on one of the signers of the Constitution. They are also learning more about Mars and then also Jupiter in astronomy.

What's cooking: This week I'm making a Split Pea Soup, Kale-Ginger-Chicken Soup, Root Beer Pulled Pork (my slow cooker meal for the week) and Minestrone Soup. Lots of soups, but this is appropriate because it is going to be raining for a few days.

What I'm thankful for: I am so very thankful for our church. We have our annual meeting in a couple of weeks and as I sat today and read the annual report, I am struck by how many people serve and help in our church. I am also thankful for the leadership at our church and their deliberate and thoughtful approach to the flock.

What I'm creating: I am creating lesson plans for my goat project. Our goats are coming next month and we are gearing up for all things 4-H again.

What I'm planning: I am planning a fun celebration for our 21st anniversary. Twenty-one years! I really can't believe how time has flown.

What we did this last weekend: We ran some errands and did things around the house. Like we do almost every other weekend. :) I did make a yummy dinner of Green Chicken Nachos.

What I'm looking forward to: Celebrating with My Love on an adventure. Finishing up another week of school. Having Bookworm drive herself to work and school this whole week. Getting the girl's 4-H presentations done.

A picture to share:


~ A group of very sweet girls, celebrating National Hat Day.

Comments

Popular Posts