Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That everything has fallen into place, and Mr. Lego Airman is coming home for Christmas! He will go back to Texas in January to finish his tech school, but we are very excited that he is coming home for the first time in over 5 months!

What I'm listening to: Chattering in the background, Pentatonix singing about Christmas, and the dryer going upstairs.

What we're learning: This week I am teaching our writing class how to write good introductions and conclusions. In science, we are learning more about astronomy and our amazing moon.

What I'm watching: Well, we are going to wait to watch Rogue One until Mr. Lego Airman comes home.

What's cooking: This week I am making Forager's Pie, Beef Barley Stew, and Thai Curry. Bookworm is going to do a test run of a cake she is trying to make that she saw on the British Baking Show and I need to have another cooking lesson with Dasher.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my Saviour. I do not deserve His grace, and I am so thankful for His saving death on the cross.

What I'm creating: Dasher has completed a latch hook project, and this week we are going to try to make it into a pillow.

What I'm praying: It seems you pray more for your kids when they aren't home. That probably shouldn't matter, so I am remembering to pray for my girls when I lift up Mr. Lego Airman in prayer.

What I'm planning: I am planing to dig out all my old scrapbook supplies and get going with it again. The kids really love looking back on our family memories. I have gone all the way from 1997 to 2007 so I only have about nine years to catch up.....

What we did this last weekend: We did some things around the house that really needed to be done. Sunday we heard a wonderful sermon on Christ's betrayal, and His sovereign plan. We also had a congregational meeting and voted to call a man we have been getting to know as an associate pastor. A very exciting day.

What I'm looking forward to: We have school this week, next week, and then we are off for two weeks. Can't wait.

A picture to share:



~What is in my mug right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment