Tuesday, August 30, 2016

First Day of School 2016, And Remembering

We started another school year today.

I notoriously never put my kids into grades, so I am teaching a 16 - almost 17 year old, 15 year old, and 11 year old. Bookworm is also taking a class at our local college, and her other three subjects she does independently. So it is mainly the younger two, which for me is taking some getting used to.



We did our traditional Starbucks run in the morning, which made me reminisce and think of other mornings just like this, in years past.




2005, when I was schooling and mothering with 4 for the first time. At this point we had officially been homeschooling for 4 years.







2007, and homeschooling three with a rambunctious toddler too.







2010 - my first year homeschooling all four  - they would all be my students for the next 5 years.
 





2012 and in the trenches of having a high school student, junior high student, one that struggled with math and another with reading.





2014, and my last year with all 4 as my students! All of  them were at least reading by this point.







Last year, 2015, and a downsize. Strange to have only 3.







2016, still three of them, but it is my last year to teach three. Next year it will be officially only two of them.


I am so grateful for the freedom we have to homeschool! I have loved spending this time with my kids and would have it no other way. I am also seeing the transition out of homeschooling in my future, and am looking ahead to what God has in store for us.

By God's grace.

4 comments:

  1. I always think about the transition out of homeschool and what I will do. What do you think you'll do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe Melissa, good question. Maybe tutoring? I really enjoy elementary age-teaching, so holding a fun co-op for younger families in our church? That is off the top of my head - I also enjoy photography and have never had the time to pursue it formally. You? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I think about it sometimes, but my youngest still has 12 more years of school, so it's a ways off. But, I know the time will pass so quickly!

      Delete
    2. It is going to go fast! I have probably 7 years left. Time is flying!

      Delete