Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Musings

Wow, it has been a LONG time since I have done one of these!

So long, that it took me some time to find where I had saved my template of questions that I use.

Anyways, here is what I am thinking about today.....



What I'm thinking: That our family is going to change a bit in the next month. Last December Mr. Lego enlisted in the Air Force Reserves. He leaves at the end of July for 8 weeks of BMT, or Basic Military Training, and then another 4 months of tech school. All in Texas. All on his own.

What I'm reading: Not much right now. I am halfway through the 5th Harry Potter book, but haven't picked it up in a couple of weeks.

What I'm listening to: Pandora is playing some Little Big Town right now.

What we're learning: This is our last week of school! We have been on a modified school schedule since fair ended, and only doing math, Bible, reading/phonics, and Crew review stuff.

What I'm watching: Last week the kids showed us The Finest Hour. It is the true story of an amazing sea rescue by the Coast Guard and a good movie to watch.

What's cooking: This week I am making a Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry, Japanese Curry, and Spaghetti. Tomorrow I am making BLT's so we don't have to heat up the kitchen....we are in day 3 of temps over 100 with the whole week looking like it it going to be that hot.

What I'm buying: Flip flops at Old Navy. Right now they are only $2 a pair.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful to be a wife and mother. I am humbled, awed, convicted, sanctified and loved by these amazing people that I call my family.

What I'm creating: Well, I am helping the girls prepare their 4-H record books. They fill in all they did in community service, leadership, communication, and write a biography, fill in project reports and expense sheets. It is lots of work, but necessary and shows the importance of keeping good records.

What I'm planning: State fair is in 12 days. This is not even as busy or as crazy as county fair, but the girls still work with their animals to prepare. So I am planning times when we can get up to my friend's house to see the goats.

What we did this last weekend: The girls and I attended a wedding shower for a dear friend's daughter on Saturday. Then Sunday we went to church and heard an excellent sermon on Matthew, then to a park to brave the heat for our church picnic. Then some friends came over to jump in the pool.

What I'm looking forward to: We have dear friends coming from across the country to visit this weekend, and then our annual 4th of July party up at our friends house with other church families.

Pictures to share:

 {Nutsy doing the dishes in her swimming suit. Yep, it is summer here.}



 {On a date with My Sweetie.}



 {Working with their goats.}


1 comment:

  1. First of all, I can only imagine the flood of varied emotions wrapped up in your son heading off soon! Wow. May God grant His peace to you, and His special protection to your son.
    And also, I am just so glad to see an update from you like this. I love getting peeks into your family life. I still remember being a little girl & looking up to you, watching you both at church and at my dad's office... years later, I still think of nothing but blessing when I think of you.
    Blessings on your home today, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete