Z is For Zig Zag

When I was trying to think of something to write about that starts with a Z, I went online and looked at a list of Z words.

And Zig Zag caught my eye.


I feel like at times my focus is pretty Zig Zag.


I have so many different hats that I wear, many at the same time.



I am first and foremost, a child of God. I know that He has saved me, from the depths of my sin, And in gratitude, our family tries to faithfully attend church each week and I strive each day to find time to pray and read in His Word. This daily time needs to be a priority in my life, and I need to focus on giving this attention. I need to think of this hat that I wear, as a lifelong hat, and one that I must continue to make time for.


 







I am also a wife, to my very best friend. We have been married for over 20 years now, but that doesn't mean that our relationship just grows on its own, without any effort from both of us. I need to continue to encourage him, work out our issues, and make time to grow our relationship. This is also a hat I wear all the time, and one that is ever so important.







I am a mother, to four precious children. When they were all younger, my nights were short and the days were long and filled with tons of laundry, toys everywhere, noses and bottoms to be wiped, and lots of time spent disciplining and teaching.




 Now, with three teens and a ten year old, mothering is not as physically exhausting. Now, it is way more mental. Conversations about the future, jobs, relationships, attitudes, clothes, sibling rivalry, and life in general, all makes for some very deep and long talks. Which sometimes turn into heated discussions. Motherhood changes as time flies, and while I see myself wearing this hat forever, I also see changes ahead.





Now, these next hats are ones that thankfully, I take on and off.



I am a teacher. For the last sixteen years I have homeschooled. I have, at times, changed curriculum as often as clothing fashions do. I have had early readers, late readers, math haters, and math lovers. (For the record, only one of them loves math.) I have had great days where we did everything on the schedule, and days where I wanted to completely quit and burn all of the school books in the fireplace. But God has been so merciful, and has given us the strength and wisdom to go down this road. And now, looking back, I am SO thankful for the time I had with each of my kids.







I am a house cleaner/chauffeur/organizer/chef. These hats all go along with being the matriarch to a family and running the house each day. Parts of it I love (cooking, folding laundry) and parts of it I really do not care for (cleaning the bathrooms, dusting). I try to have a system to the madness and organize the chores by days. Sometimes though, things happen and the schedule goes out the window. That is when I am thankful for grace. And a glass of wine.







I am also a 4-H leader. And right now, I am in the middle of the 4-H Crazies. Our fair is in two and a half weeks, and we are in the middle of getting animals up to weight, planing our display, figuring out schedules, and making lists. 4-H has benefited my kids so very much and I am thankful for the opportunities we have through it. And I am also thankful that I really only wear this hat about six month out of the year.







I am a friend, daughter, sister, aunt, niece, and cousin. Life brings so many people into our lives. Each day I need to remember those people in my life; people that I can encourage, lift up, and spend time with. God has also brought many people to me, that have helped and been such a blessing to me as well.







Truly, it is only by God's amazing grace that I can wear all of these hats. And be able to Zig Zag between them. He has blessed me, above what I could have ever imagined, and continues to sanctify me as I rest on Him each day. 


Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=
 

Comments

Popular Posts