W is for Whate'er My God Ordains is Right

W is for one of my favorite hymns, Whate'er My God Ordains is Right.

Whate'er stands for whatever, and really brings true meaning to the words in this beautiful hymn.

{Paraphrased by me}
Whatever my God ordains is right; his holy will abides
I will be still whatever he does, and follow where he guides
He is my God, though dark my road,
He holds me that I shall not fall, and so to him I leave it all.



Isn't that beautiful? I love how it reminds me of God's providence in ALL areas of my life.

These next two verses deal with things in my life, that if I was in charge of, I might not choose to experience.



Whatever my God ordains is right; he never will deceive me
He leads me by the proper path, I know he will not leave me
I take, content; what he has sent; 
His hand can turn my griefs away
And patiently I wait his day.



Such lovely words....I take, content; what he hath sent.... so convicting.



Whatever my God ordains is right; though now this cup, in drinking
May bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it, all not shrinking
My God is true, each morning anew
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart
And pain and sorrow shall depart.



This last verse shows the amazing hand of God, in all areas of my life.



Whatever my God ordains is right, here shall my stand be taken
though sorrow, need or death be mine, yet am I not forsaken
My Father's care is round me there;
He holds me that I shall not fall
And so to him I leave it all.



My pastor, illustrating God's perfect sovereignty, once said something to this effect:

If we had the mind of God, and could see all of time in front of us and all the things that enter our lives, we would wholeheartedly agree with where we are. We would see the trials, blessings, sickness, troubles, joyous moments, and terrible things that happen, as part of His perfect plan, and exactly what needs to be happening at that point in time. 


Thank you Lord, for your sanctifying sovereignty. 


Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=
 

Comments

  1. Wow! Well said. I am moved and convicted. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts