Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Our Holidays ~ 2015 {Journal Entry}

We had a wonderful two weeks of vacation the last part of December.

I stayed off of Facebook, didn't check emails, didn't do any 4-H planning or homeschooling, and just spent time with the family.

It was wonderful.


Here is some of what we did.....

We are Star Wars nuts over here so that was definitely on the list of things to do. And we were not disappointed.




Annual Christmas Eve Appetizer Night. This year we did some fun things with shrimp and fried it two ways - tempura and coconut shrimp. Coconut Shrimp won by a long run.




Christmas Day is quiet for our family. We spent the morning and afternoon together, playing games and eating our ham dinner. About 4:00 though, the house filled up. Our friends, who have 12 children plus a daughter-in-law and grandchildren, came over for games and munchies.






 Our church has so many opportunities for fellowship. And each year, a family opens up their home at Christmas for an adult party. We eat delicious food and play a huge White Elephant game.





We slept in each morning....one morning I came down to find Nutsy and My Sweetie working on a latch hook project.





Each year I get a gift for our family. We don't make a big deal about gifts and each give small things to one another. This year, my gift was to replace our Dutch Blitz game and I even found an extension deck so that all six of us can play at once.




We headed to The City one day. We hit our favorite beach, Baker Beach, and love seeing that view. This year it was a bit chilly so we didn't stay too long.




Next stop is always Fisherman's Wharf. We get some chowder then head next door to Boudin for some authentic San Francisco sourdough bread.





This place always makes my mouth water, and the whole area is so beautiful at night.






We headed to the grandparents that night, where we played Up the River. Nutsy pulled all my old toys out, and created a Fisher-Price town.





The next morning we had a lovely breakfast and opened presents. It is such a joy to see my kids being in the home I grew up in, playing with my old toys, and visiting with the grandparents.






Next stop was the other side of the family where we met up at a Japanese restaurant.






When we are all together there are 18 of us. After lunch we went back to my sister and bro-in-laws house to hang out.






Here are all eleven grandchildren with Obachan (Japanese grandmother).






Me and my sister-in-laws.




Finally, we headed up to our friend's house for New Years' Eve. They had some baby goats that were so darling. The one Dasher is holding is probably going to be her county fair goat.




Happy New Year! I think I took this shot at around 12:30 am. We were still going strong, playing games and having a great time.





Games on New Year's Day too. Bookworm, her friend, and I were on a Skip Bo kick this year.





And another treat that day, the other family also visiting for New Years made some amazing Cioppino.




Finally, on the last night of our vacation we made hamburgers. With homemade french fries.  (Can you tell we like to eat?)




And that was our vacay. I am so thankful for these crazy people that I call my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment