Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: We heard a very convicting sermon yesterday. What would my life look like if I denied myself and took up my cross? How different would (should) my life be if I turn from self to God, and make my loyalties not to the things of this earth? Very convicting indeed.

What I'm reading: I got the last copy of The Martian by Andy Weir from our library. Really neat read. I was impressed with all of the technical information in the book too.

What I'm listening to: Laundry going upstairs, chattering in the kitchen, and Little Big Town on Pandora.

What we're learning: This week the older kids are wrapping up their learning about explorers in our co-op history class. My geology class is studying about the main rock types, and we are also learning about the Flood and how it affected our earth. We are entering our 8th week of school and so far, are keeping up with all the math, spelling, grammar, and Bible lessons.

What's cooking: This week I am making Chicken Chilaquiles, Roasted Chile Verde, and Donburi. I am also planning on perfecting a brownie recipe I tried last week.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the provisions God has given us. We truly have more than we need.

What I'm planning: I postponed our 4-H goat meetings until November. I figured with all the work we do in the spring that delaying the start by a month was a good thing. But now I need to plan out my year and figure out what we are going to focus on.

What we did this last weekend: We did lots of organizing on Saturday, and I successfully downsized our library by two bookcases. Sunday we were at church all morning, then My Sweetie took a gaggle of kids to the park to play football, while I visited with a dear friend.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a pretty quiet week ahead. I have a few reviews to write, and I am making a photo album from our Disneyland trip last year.

A picture to share:


~My babies. When they were babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment