Monday, September 14, 2015

My Week In Images and Words

I am not very inspired to do any writing right now, with school and 4-H in full swing. Life is busy, full, and good.


So here is my week.....



Piano lessons started back up for Bookworm. I really like her teacher, who participates in the Certificate of Merit. This keeps her on track and ensures she is learning theory and music knowledge, along with the many songs she is learning.





All three girls spent time hitting the books this week. We had a GREAT school week, and got all the items on our schedules done.





I even had time for my baking day. I love, love, love making my homemade whole wheat bread for the family. And they love eating it.







Towards the end of the week our skies looked like this; there is a pretty large fire about 40 miles south of us and we had both light ash and smoke. But today I am hearing that it is slowly being contained, and we even had a short, lovely rain shower.






We remembered 9.11. All of the kids watched a short video about it, and we talked about what happened, 14 years ago.




And the big news of the week? This young man, passed the ASVAB exam! (Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Battery) He is planning on going into the Air Force Reserves in early March. For now he is working 30-40 hours a week as a prep cook and waiter at a retirement community near us.




Glimpses of my week.....

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a good week! I know what you mean about writing... Oh, if only had more time and energy... and motivation. :-P I am glad you mentioned your son! I was wondering how and what he was doing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! You have a great week too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week. Good for you. It's Tuesday here, and I'm quivering a bit as I look at all the stuff that should be done...

    ReplyDelete