Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That entering our third week of school, I am feeling pretty good about our subjects and pace. We have been able to keep to the schedule I have put together, and I am already seeing improvement in a few areas.

What I'm reading: I started reading Pioneer Girl, an autobiography of Laura Ingalls Wilder ( edited by Pamela Smith Hill) that was just recently published. So far I am really liking it.

What I'm listening to: Right now I am listening to Dave Ramsey's radio station. We went through his high school course last year, Foundations in Personal Finance, and like listening to his show.

What we're learning: School is in full swing! I spend time with the two girls each morning while Bookworm does her independent work, then in the early afternoon we come together for literature and Bible. In co-op this year we are doing writing, Renaissance history, and geology/fossils (high schoolers) and earth science (younger kids).

What's cooking: This week I am making a pot roast with fall vegetables, beef tacos, and Tandoori Chicken on the grill. I also need to bake a couple loaves of my whole wheat bread, and make another batch of homemade granola.

What I'm buying: I went out today with Bookworm and we found a good sale for some fun scrapbooking supplies. I am planning to do a fun memory project with the girls this week.

What I'm creating: Writing lessons. Institutes for Excellence in Writing has come out with a new Teaching Writing, Structure and Style, so I plan to re-watch and study to help me teach writing to all our co-op kids this year.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we took a trip to Tahoe with our friends; the weather was amazing and we had a great time playing on the beach. Sunday we had church, then had 3 other families over for fellowship in the afternoon. Then back to church for monthly Bible study.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a busy week ahead, with a more relaxed week next week. Dasher is scheduled to get her braces off very soon, and there is a fun birthday party for a friend this weekend.

A picture to share:




~Sunset, Pope Beach, South Lake Tahoe

No comments:

Post a Comment