Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Musings ~ It's Been A While

What I'm thinking: That I am loving our school break. Back when I was younger (and had more energy) and the kids were not as easily entertained on their own, I would teach school all year round. Now, I really love our 8 week summer break, and use the time to do little projects, deep clean parts of the house, and plan for the coming school year.


What I'm listening to: Laundry going, a lawn mower outside. Later this afternoon I will put my Pandora on while I clean the house.


What we're learning: The girls are on a break right now from school, but Mr. Lego is planning on taking the military entrance exam (ASVAB) in a couple of weeks and is studying a lot for that. I am helping him, and brushing up on my algebra skills.


What I'm watching: We get a few shows that we can watch on Streampix.....most are junk but the good thing is that there are no commercials. We have been going through the Cupcake Wars episodes which can actually be quite dangerous if you are hungry.


What's cooking: This week I am making Chicken Pad Thai, artichoke-spinach pasta shells, and a roasted chicken. I also need to make more bread and take care of my kombucha....


What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for grace. I mess up every day, I am not as disciplined as I should be, and I struggle with being patient with my kids at times. Thank God for His amazing grace!


What I'm creating: School schedules. I have figured out all of our subjects, now to put it to a schedule. For our daily school I only schedule out the first 12 weeks, but for co-op I attempt to schedule out our entire year.


What we did this last weekend: We had a quiet Saturday, then went off to an evening of ice skating, courtesy of our orthodontist. Then church on Sunday where we heard a great sermon on the Lord's Supper, and then to the park for our last church picnic of the summer.


What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to our delta trip....we go every year around this time with two other families.


A picture to share:


~The girls played with clay last week and Nutsy made this of her hand. She told me she will keep it forever, so she can see how much her hand grows.

4 comments:

  1. I may have to borrow this for my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alicia, I would love you to! It is a great way to get posts up when I have nothing to write about. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I may have to borrow this too! I love this format...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyna, I would love to have you join me! There are other questions I ask myself sometimes....What I'm Reading, What I'm Buying, What I'm Planning.....anything I can think of. :)

    ReplyDelete