Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That summer has arrived. Not officially, but we do have lovely weather this week with temps ranging from 104 to 88. Love it.

What I'm reading: I picked up a couple books at the library that I have read before and wanted to read again. Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff, which is an amazing rescue story from World War II, and Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. I am hoping the latter book inspires me to do more bread experimenting.

What I'm listening to: The laundry going. Girlies behind me doing math facts. The bird going nuts in the other room.

What we're learning: We are still doing school through the month of June. But there are less subjects since our history and science courses are completed. We are focusing on math, grammar, reading, handwriting, and literature. And Bookworm is doing an apologetics course and working through her Greek Morphemes book.

What I'm watching: I am watching my tomato and cucumber plants....they have tiny little veggies on them that I am thrilled about.

What's cooking: This week I am making chicken Caesar salad with bruschetta, Thai spiced braised chicken, and burgers on the grill. I have also started something new, where I have Bookworm make one meal a week from start to finish. This week she is making enchiladas with refried beans and rice.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the assurance I have of my salvation. We heard a convicting sermon yesterday on baptism and I was reminded of how seeing a baptism is encouraging to me, and is beautiful picture of redemption.

What I'm creating: It is that time of year, and I am encouraging my kiddos to get on their 4H record books. They can be a hassle and are time consuming, but are a great way to record all they have done.

What we did this last weekend: We had a nice relaxing Saturday, hanging out at the pool and making grilled vegetable open-faced sandwiches. Then church on Sunday, our fellowship meal, and then to a park for volleyball.

What I'm looking forward to: This week, Lord willing, Bookworm will get her braces off. I know she is super excited and I am too.

A picture to share:



Hello, my beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment