Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That while everyone else seems to be having Spring break this week, I am making my kids plug along with school. (What a meanie.) But then, the last two weeks of May, we'll be taking off for all the craziness of county fair, while everyone else all still slaving away in their classrooms. Home schooling rocks.

What I'm reading: Not much right now....The last book I read was an historical fiction book on Richard I, but I have already returned it to the library and forgot the title.

What I'm listening to: Actually right now I am listening to Dave Ramsey's radio show. He has some great stuff to say about money.

What we're learning: This week I am reading to the younger two about the immune system in anatomy. The older two have a break from writing and history, so Bookworm is doing extra work in her vocabulary program and Mr. Lego is using an online resource to brush up on his algebra. He is planning to take the ASVAB (Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Battery) early this summer. Yes, he is planning to go into the Air Force Reserves after he graduates.

What's cooking: This week I am making Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Donburi (a yummy chicken and egg Japanese dish), and this weekend we'll grill some chicken and I'll make my homemade Caesar Salad. My slow cooker meal of the week is Vietnamese Chicken.

What I'm buying: I need to order some new blades for our goat clippers. My project is doing an incredible job of fundraising and we have enough for the project to purchase them.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful in the hope I have in heaven. There are trials, pains, sadness, and all sorts of persecutions in this world. But I know I can always find comfort in the age to come.

What I'm praying: Wanting more children is a silent prayer. Over the weekend I talked to two different friends who would love to expand their families. I do pray that God blesses them soon, but that they would also be content with where they are right now.

What I'm planning: We are holding a fundraising breakfast for our goat project next week and we need to get busy selling the rest of our tickets.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we went to the North Central Sectional Field Day at UC Davis, along with about 150 other 4Hers from No. CA. All three girls presented and did a great job; Bookworm and Nutsy got gold and Dasher got blue. They all did so well! Sunday was church and then we hit the park for a fun afternoon of baseball and fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: We are helping to feed our goats this week so we'll be out there multiple times to work with them. We have a piano lesson, our financial class, and I am registering all four kids for our county fair this week.

A picture to share:

Our weekend....


 ~ We met up with friends at Sectionals....






~At the park. Baseball and Cards.

Comments

  1. If it makes you feel any better, we aren't on spring break either. Actually it feels like winter here, since it snowed last night, and we woke up to a couple inches of snow (which actually melted already :-) ). I am giving the kids Friday and Monday off, so we will have a little break, but no big spring break here now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is what I love about homeschooling! We can take a day off here and there when we need to. Have a great weekend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! You too! Happy Easter! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts