Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am LOVING the weather here. Today it was 75 degrees. We have a little rain coming Wednesday (we really need it), but then back into the mid 70's.

What I'm listening to: Lee Brice is playing on Pandora.

What we're learning: We have really been charging through biology and are learning about plant structure this week. We will be dissecting some seeds this coming week to see what they are made of. I am also going through the state capitals this semester with the younger two.

What I'm watching: Last night My Sweetie and I started watching Lost Horizon (1937). Either it was boring or we needed sleep from our missed hour the night before, because we both fell asleep before it was over.

What's cooking: This week I am making a roasted chicken, chicken and garlic, and my slow cooker meal is orange chicken with fried rice. Chicken.

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful for all of the opportunities that 4H has given our family. I see my kids talking to others with confidence, their awareness of our food sources, and how this program has grown them.

What I'm creating: I am writing a review about a really neat online science curriculum. It has really added to both our biology and anatomy classes the last few weeks.

What I'm planning: I have been busy planning out the rest of our goat meetings....we only have two more until the fair! But we do meet up often with all the kids in my project out at the farm to work with our goats.

What we did this last weekend: We did some major cleaning in the house, then ran a few errands. Sunday was church and then an afternoon of volleyball and games at the park with lots of other families.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week....I have my different seeds soaking for our experiment. We will also go out and work with the goats and lamb at least twice, and keep plugging along with school.

A picture to share:


~Dinner on Saturday.....Roasted Chile Verde with homegrown pork.

Comments

Popular Posts