Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it has been a while since I have written a Monday Musings. Life is moving on and things are busy. I shot a wedding a couple of weeks ago and have been having fun editing the photos, and last week My Sweetie and I took off for a couple of days to celebrate 19 years of marriage.

What I'm reading:  I just started a new book titled The Third Plate: Field Notes on the Future of Food by Dan Barber. I love foodie books....

What I'm listening to: Fernando Ortega is playing on Pandora right now....

What we're learning: This week the kids are learning about the Magna Carta in history. The older ones are reading about animals with backbones and I am lesson planning for our co-op this week. And the three girls are working on their 4H presentations, which are due by the middle of February.

What I'm watching: While we were away we saw Mockingjay. I really liked it and have enjoyed all of the movies as much as the books. Then over the weekend we went and saw American Sniper. An amazing story, that shows what our armed forces give up to protect us.

What's cooking: Over the weekend we tried to copy some delicious fish tacos we had tasted in Pacific Grove. They were delish. This week I am making a pot roast, pesto chicken, and my slow cooker meal is Indian Butter Chicken.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful that God is merciful and protects us. Nutsy took a fall from a tree a couple weeks ago and thankfully escaped with only a bad concussion. Her headaches are easing and her bruises and neck are getting better. God is good.

What I'm creating: I am working slowly at editing the wedding photos. So much fun!

What I'm praying: I am praying for my teens. (There are three of them!) That they would continue to walk with the Lord and that they would look for those lessons of sanctification.

What I'm planning: We are getting geared up for our 4H stuff.....Mr. Lego is showing a lamb this year, and Bookworm is planning to show both lamb and market goat. Plus she and Dasher are planning to take a goat to state fair. And this is Nutsy's first year showing, so it is going to be a busy one.

What we did this last weekend: We spent time with the kids on Saturday and then My Sweetie and I went to the movies. Sunday we were at church, then to a park for the afternoon. Then home for yummy fish tacos.

What I'm looking forward to: We are totally back into school this week and I am looking forward to putting some real dents in our schedule. I am also looking forward to Saturday as we are going wine tasting with some friends.

A picture to share:


~Happy Anniversary, My Sweetie.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and pray she is completely well soon! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thank you so much! And thank you for your prayers. God is so merciful and I am thankful she did not have other injuries. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete