Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our 4H goat season is coming.....early next month we will head out to the goat farm to check out the stock, and then plan on getting some of the goats by February. I love what this whole season teaches my kids, but it can be a busy one.

What I'm listening to: Lee Brice is playing right now on Pandora.....

What we're learning: This week the younger two are learning about the respiratory system in anatomy, and then in history we are learning about medieval history in Germany. Also, the last couple of weeks of schooling, Dasher has really improved in her math learning. She really struggles and I am so thankful for some of the breakthroughs she is having.

What I'm watching: Some unsettled weather coming the week. Actually a whopper of a storm is headed our way, according to the news. But our area has the tendency to overdo the weather forecast (last week it made the news that the wind knocked down some Christmas trees at a tree lot) so we'll see what happens.....

What's cooking: This week I am making Chinese Hot Pot, A pot roast, and my slow cooker meal is Mozzarella Chicken with sweet potatoes. My fermented apple chutney is done fermenting so I am excited to sample that later this week.

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for my kids. They are growing up, and I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with all four of them.

What I'm creating: I want to start thinking about my Christmas Cookies. Every year, the kids and I make lots of yummy things and take them to our neighbors. Salted caramels are definitely happening, but I need to figure out some other ideas. Pinterest, here I come.....

What I'm praying: I am praying for myself and my family. In church this last Sunday we were challenged to think how we should act in our relationships, knowing that we are saved by grace and have the Holy Spirit. What does that look like? How do I live? The amazing news that we are saved should impact how I treat others and what my actions are.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we went out with the tri-pod to a pretty area near our house for our annual family photo shoot. It was successful and now I need to order our Christmas cards. Sunday we were at church, then to the service at the assisted living center. Home again with friends for a lively card game.

What I'm looking forward to: Counting this week and next, only 2 more weeks of school before we take our winter break!

Pictures to share:

Out takes from our photo shoot......









Comments

Popular Posts