Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I can't believe it is the last week of November. And I can't believe that we remembered to take our turkey out of the freezer yesterday. Most years we think about it sometime on Wednesday and then frantically yank it out and put it to thaw in a cooler filled with water. Does that mean that I am finally getting it all together? Probably not.....

What I'm reading: I just finished a very interesting book by Lily Koppel called The Astronaut Wives Club. It is the wives side of the story about the race to the moon and life as an astronaut's wife. Exciting and sad at the same time.....most of them ended up divorcing.

What I'm listening to: Right now? One Republic is playing on my playlist. We are also babysitting some parakeets and they are squawking away in the school room.

What we're learning: We are only doing one day of school this week and then we are on break. The older ones have been learning about viruses and bacteria in biology, and the younger ones are finishing up a chapter about nutrition in anatomy. The girls are all doing 4H presentations this year so we need to also get working on those.

What's cooking: This week I am making Broccoli Chicken Pasta, Donburi, a pot roast in my slow cooker, and like millions of others in America, turkey on Thursday.

What I'm buying: I was going to wait until Wednesday to go out to get my fresh veggies for Thursday, but what am I thinking? That is one of the crazy shopping days, so I think I'll do it tomorrow. On my list....green beans for the green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, spinach for a yummy dip, and salad stuff.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for what God has given me. Today we helped out at a food bank with our 4H group and we are very blessed. I need to be reminded of that often.

What I'm creating: I finally did my project I had been trying to get around too; the kids made a keepsake frame for their Disneyland souvenirs. I am hoping to make it into a blog post soon...

What I'm planning: To get into the kitchen. I still have lots of apples that I need to do some stuff with, and then the fun baking and cooking will begin for Thanksgiving.

What we did this last weekend: We had a quiet weekend at home. We did lots of little things around the house, some puttering outside, ate yummy chicken spring rolls one night, and took a couple of evening walks.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, and the school break is a needed one. Then it is crazy, but it is December. Time flies.

Pictures to share:


~Bookworm and Dasher at the food bank.....they helped with passing out clothes.




~Nutsy with a friend at the food bank.....she helped to pass out supplies for pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment