Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That today is a lazy sort of day. All of my kids are sick and are lying around, reading, or watching Andy Griffith re-runs. I am taking advantage of the quiet to plan out AHEAD. So far I have figured out all of my 4h market goat meetings and have planned two weeks of biology.

What I'm reading: I just finished a very interesting book called The American Way of Eating: Undercover at Wal Mart, Applebee's, Farm Fields and the Dinner Table by Tracie McMillan. This was a good read and really opened my eyes to where our food, mainly produce, comes from.

What we're learning: I am thinking we will be back into our school schedule tomorrow....the older kids are learning about animal classification in biology, the younger ones are writing me papers on the Gaul Empire, and my older two are going through Homer's Odyssey with Veritas Press' Omnibus. 

What I'm watching: My Sweetie and I are enjoying watching old Chopped episodes. I like it that it is straight cooking without any unnecessary drama.

What's cooking: Since people are under the weather today I pulled a frozen turkey carcass out of the freezer and it is bubbling in the pot right now making a lovely stock. Turkey Soup is for dinner, then this week I am making Lasagna, Chile Pork Verde, and of course, my Friday night pizza. My slow cooker meal this week is Moroccan Chicken.

What I'm creating: I have a crafty idea for a fun way to remember our Disneyland trip....I have all the supplies to make it, and I am hoping this week to have time to do it with the kids.

What I'm praying: Since sickness is right here in our house I am praying for those I know who are sick, that they would heal quickly and without complications.

What we did this last weekend: We didn't do much....kiddos were sick. My Sweetie and I went to church alone which was very weird.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to people feeling better in our house! I am also looking forward to our first market goat meeting; I think I have 11 kids in my project so it is going to be a full year.

A picture to share:


~My babies, seven years ago. Time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment