Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we had a wonderful trip beach camping with our friends this last week. We left on Thursday and stayed three nights and enjoyed beach volleyball, yummy camp food, and late night games.

What I'm listening to: The laundry has been going non stop today and I feel like I have barely put a dent in it. All of the blankets, sleeping bags, towels, and sandy clothes are in piles to get washed....

What we're learning: This week I am teaching the older kids about genetics. I have some fun things planned, including some interesting activities showing them what traits they have that are passed down from their parents. The older kids are writing essays comparing Islam to Christianity.

What I'm watching: The clouds rolling in. We are expecting a little rain tonight.

What's cooking: This week I am making Cheesy Chicken Chowder, Chicken Pot Pie, and a Japanese feast with maki, buckwheat noodles, and Kabocha. My crock pot meal for the week is barbecued chicken.

What I'm buying: We got a package in the mail today....for PTC strips. In co-op this week we are all going to taste these strips. Some people taste bitterness, for others it is tasteless. It all depends on your genes.

What I'm creating: This week it is my goal to get ahead in my co-op planning. I have been planning week by week, but really need to get ahead so that I can research videos and experiments and not feel rushed.

What I'm planning: I started a Bullet Journal! I am loving the simplicity of this system and how it is reminding me to do things. I can easily give myself tasks on any given day and then if they are not completed, roll them into the next one.

What we did this last weekend: This last weekend we just enjoyed ourselves. (See photos below.)

What I'm looking forward to: Even though I love the sun, I am looking forward to hearing the rain tonight. And probably curling up with a nice cup of hot tea later on.

Pictures to share:

We have been.....


Wave Jumping




Castle Making




Kid Burying





Boogie Boarding



 Hugging and Smiling




Sun Gazing




Raccoon Chasing




Yummy Making






Late Night Gaming

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun camping! Thanks for the info on the bullet journal. I like it! Have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of you lately, Charlotte, so I came by to get a little sneak peek into your family. I love that I can count on you for fun updates and sweet photos! :) May the grace and peace of Christ grant you great joys and rest this week. Thanks for being an encouraging presence here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, dear Melissa! You and your precious family are in my thoughts and prayers as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete