Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my arms are sore. A friend and I are doing a weight-based workout together 4 days a week. And man, I am out of shape.

What I'm reading: I started a new book I found at our library Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua. As a Chinese second-generation parent, she compares Eastern and Western child rearing ideas.

What I'm listening to: It's a Monday so the laundry is going.....I just have to remember to keep all the loads going so it all gets done today.

What we're learning: This week my students in Biology are learning about insects. In co op we are going to watch a DVD about unusual insects around the world, and then I plan to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of pesticides. The younger kiddos are learning about the parts of a cell in Anatomy and are going to be making an edible cell.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend My Sweetie and I watched 42 and really liked it. Harrison Ford did a great job in that movie.

What's cooking: This week I am making Japanese Curry, Spaghetti, and Creamy Chicken. Tonight it is comfort food with homemade tomato soup and sourdough grilled cheese.

What I'm buying: I need to get online and purchase the meat goat and sheep handbooks for 4H....I am thinking to do a joint project this year and need to begin project planning.

What I'm thankful for: That my faith is not based on what I wear, how I educate, how I look, or what my kids are like. Instead it is completely and fully resting on the Gospel and God's perfect mercy.

What I'm planning: I am re-thinking some of my bookshelves in the school room, and trying to figure out if there is a better way to store them. When you have tons of books and not much wall space, it can get tricky finding places for everything.

What we did this last weekend: We did some stuff around the house on Saturday and took a fun trip to Ikea to look around. Saturday night was movie night so all the kids piled into our room and we watched Agatha Christie's Murder On The Orient Express. Sunday was church and Sunday School, then to a park with friends for baseball, cupcakes, and fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: I am getting together with a friend later this week to celebrate her birthday, and we have our 4H officer meeting this week too. All four kids are officers, which mean a third of the whole board is from my family.We had better not miss any meetings!

A picture to share:





~Happy National Coffee Day!

Comments

Popular Posts