Tomorrow I am turning 40. Inspired by one of my friends on Facebook, I wrote 40 thoughts that about where I am, what I am thinking and what life is about right now.
Here are the first 14.....
1. I am a sinner, saved by grace. More and more, as I age, I see God’s hand in my life. There are times when I am uncertain of the future, but I am confident that His plan is perfect. Even through the shadows of this life, He is with me through to the end.
2. I have an incredible husband. We have known one another now for 22 years and been married for over 18 years, and he is my best friend and confidant. As I am getting older, I am realizing how important my relationship is with him. And marriage is work, and requires constant tweaking and examining. Someday it will be just him and me, and so working at this precious relationship is a must for me.
3. I have 4 amazing kids. I love being a mom to my precious blessings! Being a parent has been one of the hardest things I have done, and I am sanctified, humbled, and been given joy by them all each day for the last 17 years.
4. I have wonderful parents! My mom and dad did a great job raising me. My mom has gone to be with the Lord, and I was then blessed with a lovely step-mom. And I am so thankful that I was raised in a Christian family, where my faith was grounded.
5. I am thankful for my church family. I love the fellowship we have at our church; the Supper for Six’s, fellowship meals, hymn sings, and picnics in the park. Fellowship with the saints is a must and an important part of my faith.
6. I love cooking. I am not one of those people that makes the same thing every week; one of my favorite things to do is to experiment in the kitchen. This next year I would love to make my own pasta and try making sourdough bread.
7. I am blessed by my friends. They keep me accountable, encourage me, and make me laugh when I need it. Friends are a blessing, and I don’t want to take them for granted.
8. I love homeschooling and couldn’t imagine educating my children any other way. There have been good days, bad ones, laughter, and tantrums. If I could tell myself one thing when I first started out it would be to not expect perfection. Each day there are things I do right and things I do wrong. Thank God for His grace.
9. Music is important to me. Not only do I enjoy playing the piano, but I love having music on in the house. Most of the time we have something playing. It can be modern, worship, country, or kids songs. (But I am not hearing that genre much anymore…)
10. Reading is one of my favorite ways to relax. My favorite books? Jane Eyre, All Creatures Great and Small, The Mysterious Island, Old Cookbooks, and historical fiction.
11. 4H has helped our family in so many ways. Through it my kids have learned public speaking, leadership, community service, friendly competition, and that hard work does pay off. Through the tears, successes, and struggles, I am so thankful for all the 4H lessons we have learned!
12. I am so thankful that I am on The Crew! I love reviewing products for them, and the wonderful friendship I have with my fellow Crewmates. I have learned lots about different products, and been introduced to some very lovely people.
13. My husband and I have a date night each month. Usually we try hole-in-the-wall places near our house, but sometimes it is getting Chinese takeout and eating it at home with a bottle of wine. It is important for us to make this a priority, and to spend deliberate, quality time together.
14. I eat breakfast every day, and it always include protein. I find that it helps me to not be starving at the other meals. And that protein is almost always eggs. My Sweetie eats them too and we’ll have a, egg-veggie scramble, huevos rancheros, eggs over easy, or an omelet.
Stayed tuned for more thoughts......