Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our sweet bird, Sunny Honey, is now in bird heaven. We came back last night from being out all day, to find him lying on the floor of his cage. He was a very sweet bird, who loved talking to us and sitting on our shoulder. The kids gave him a proper funeral, including a 21 gun salute, and buried him amongst the rose bushes.

What I'm reading: I am reading a borrowed book from my dear friend who teaches history in our co-op, titled Emperor, The Blood of the Gods, by Conn Iggulden. This book focuses on Rome right after Julius Caesar's death and is a fascinating read.

What we're learning: This week we are finishing up our year of history in our co-op with the Fall of Rome. The older kids will be writing a five-paragraph essay in the next week and I'm reading to the younger ones from the first volume of Story of the World.

What I'm watching: We are doing a trial of Netfix right now and just found The Twilight Zone episodes from the 60's. We watched a couple of them with the kids over the weekend....great conversation starters....

What's cooking: This week I am making Indian Butter Chicken, Sausage Pasta with Cream Sauce, and this weekend I am planning to make Chicken Caesar Salad with homemade Bruschetta. I have my weekly bread to make tomorrow and I also have some Kombucha fermenting on the kitchen counter.

What I'm buying: Over the weekend I went out and bought a very nice pair of clippers for our goat project. We have worked very hard at fundraising, and because of our efforts, were able to purchase some good clippers to fit our goats with.


What I'm creating: Lists to try to help organize everything. We have 16 days to our county fair and we have goat training to do, meals to plan, studying to do (showmanship and Purple Circle questions), and supplies to purchase. Let the fun begin....

What I'm praying: For those in our church family that need prayer. A soon-to-be mom, a friend having surgery today, someone else who is struggling with illness, and another lady with knee problems.

What I'm planning: I am wrapping up our science class in co-op...I have a couple of electricity experiments planned for the next couple of weeks.

What we did this last weekend: We ran some errands on Saturday, then Sunday was church and our assisted living center service, then over to a friends for fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to co-op this week...we are going to be making an electric circuit in science. This Saturday we are starting to fit our goats with some hoof trimming, then we will all head out to Cal Expo to help set up the barn for fair.

A picture to share:





~These are our State Fair goats....Mr. Lego's is named Ender, and Bookworm called hers Riley. For the next couple of weeks those two have two goats to work with....

Comments

Popular Posts