Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That the weather is getting lovely. It is supposed to hit the 90's this week....my favorite time of the year. And I am being serious.

What I'm listening to: My niece and Nutsy, wrestling behind me. Laundry still going on upstairs. Little Big Town playing.....

What we're learning: This week the older ones are finishing up our year in Ancient History, with the fall of the Roman Empire. They are also writing five paragraph essays on it in writing. I am starting to explore curriculum for next year....an economics course for the older ones, a world geography for Dasher, and math for Nutsy.

What I'm watching: My garden growing....I have my tomatoes in my Earth Boxes and the lettuce and strawberry beds are producing. I am planning to start some cucumbers, more tomatoes, and maybe an eggplant.

What's cooking: This week I am making Lemon Chicken, Hot and Sour Noodle Soup, and our Homemade Pizza on Friday night.

What I'm buying: Well today the older two bought their state fair goats. They named them Ender (Mr. Lego) and Riley (Bookworm). They are at my friend's house now, settling into their new home.

What I'm creating: I am creating Kombucha! My friend gave me a SCOBY, (which I found out stands for Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast) and so I am starting my brew tonight.

What I'm planning: I need to start going through our county fair lists and making sure we have all the necessary things to take. It is coming up fast....

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday the three older kids went to a showmanship workshop with my goat friend. They learned lots of good stuff. That evening we had our Supper For Six...we are with two other neat families and have enjoyed getting to know them better. Sunday we heard a missionary speak and share about his mission in Uganda; I love it that we can visit with the missionaries that we pray for and support. Then Sunday afternoon we came home and relaxed.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week, and I have some fun science experiments to do with the kids. And I think our neighborhood pool is being heated this week so we might have to pay it a visit.

A picture to share:





~Training the goats....what we are doing lots of lately.

Comments

Popular Posts