Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: We now at T-minus 30 days until fair. Time has flown, and it is right around the corner. Our goats are looking great too....They are all between 70 and 82 pounds and will be great weights for the auction.

What I'm listening to: A lawn mower going outside, chattering behind me, and Let It Go playing in the kitchen. Seriously, I have that dumb song memorized and am on the verge of banning it for a few weeks.....

What we're learning: This week Nutsy is reviewing her math subtraction facts, and Dasher is learning new blends in her Logic of English. The older two are starting a literature study on The Last of the Mohicans from Progeny Press.

What I'm watching: Some unsettled weather coming this week....I have loved having the temps in the 80's lately, but we are headed to cooler weather and a bit of rain.

What's cooking: This week I am making Sweet and Sour Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a Chipotle Chicken Salad, and Cavatappi with Vodka Sauce (cooked down, of course).

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for our church family. Our kids best friends are there, my dear friends, and so many other precious families.

What I'm creating: Lists for county fair. Since I am the project leader I need to make sure we have everything. Things like masking tape, a first aid kit, and someway to hang up our project sign....

What I'm planning: To get cracking with some lesson planning for co-op. I hope, in the next couple of days, to sit down and plan out my science and writing teaching schedule for the rest of the year (I teach through the end of June.) That way, I won't have to think about it and it will all be figured out.

What we did this last weekend: We did a goat showmanship clinic on Saturday morning; the kids did a great job practicing with their goats. Then home for a relaxing afternoon where we all made Tempura. Sunday was church where we heard a very encouraging sermon on sanctification, then over to a friends house for sweet fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week, plus at least three trips out to work with our goats.

A picture to share:





~I snapped this of Nutsy this morning....this is where you will find her, every morning, watching Dad drive away to work. And each time she says, "Bye Daddy, bye Daddy, bye Daddy...." the whole time until he turns the corner, and then she yells at the top of her lungs, "BYE, DADDY!!!"  {Love this child}

No comments:

Post a Comment